Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I spend a lot of time working on a laptop because of my mobility requirements but currently only have a 120GB HDD in my main work laptop and I'm limited to only a portion of that because I need to store some important pictures that belong to someone very close to me (long story). The SSD would help me work faster (I do a lot of coding and run dev web-servers and the like off the machine and sometimes need to crunch a few gigs of data for my own projects), it would also make the laptop much more resilient against accidents during transport. It would also help me transition to a setup where the HDD can go into a computer case which mostly stays at home in a semi-RAID configuration so I have some form of backup like Linus advocates for. 

I'm with everyone in the belief that SSDs are the future of personal computing storage in much the same way no one has magnetic tapes in their personal machines.

i only have a HDD disk in my computer and it is slow like a turtle

On February 8, 2016 at 1:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

1. My computer is still running a 500gb heard drive and is rapidly filling up and slowing down. The reason I need a SSD is to move my major processing files to the ssd to make my major files and Windows run faster and boot up faster.

2. SSD is way better then a hard drive and will make your system run 10 times faster then what it currently runs with a conventional heard drive. A Ssd also takes up less room then a hard drive and doesn't use a disk. Lastly a SSD is something that you will never regret getting even though it cost a little more then what a hard drive costs. 

On 8 February 2016 at 3:40 PM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

I would like to have a faster boot partition for my pc... I don't have the money to buy an ssd yet... Thanks LMG

I would like the SSD so i can stop taking out and putting back in the SSD from my laptop to my PC for Steam games.

Everyone should have and SSD because There faster and More reliable. 

Recently made a new PC but no SSD in it because was on a limited budget :<..  everyone should have one since it is super fast : )

On 2/8/2016 at 1:10 PM, nicklmg said:

i really want to switch my boot drive to an SSD. It takes almost 10 minutes for my system to boot up. The 5400 rpm HDD is slower than most of my other parts.

An SSD is one of the best upgrades you can do for a system. 

The difference between a HDD and an SSD is massive.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Why would you want a horse when you could have a bugatti veyron?
I would love to switch my laptop HDD with a SSD.

Honestly I don't understand why you can still buy a computer that doesn't come with an SSD.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

The reason why I want ssds is because I am building my first system and I don't have the money to afford decent storage

Everyone should add a SSD to their rig for obvious performance benefits, but also to draw interest to the PC enthusiast & gaming arenas. If we can teach the average-user that PC components can be added to most systems as easily as "expensive Legos," then maybe everybody will stop asking for us to come fix their computers every time they fail to download more RAM!

But let's be real... I just need more space for my Steam library =p

my 120 gb ssd is small, i need one with higher capacity 

thank you!

Would love to have a SSD so i can make it my boot drive on my desktop.  

I would love to get an SSD to my pc. Because i have never had one.

I currently have no ssd in my pc and the hard drive is a few years old, and being one of your guys select few winners would be much appreciated and that it would help a lot with speeding up the launch time of it. 

Everyone should have an SSD due to the amazing load times compared to a standard HD. They are great for laptops too since you don't need to worry about moving parts when on the go.

I am currently using an 8+ year old 160GB hard drive in my home laptop, and this would be a huge upgrade.

Good luck everyone!

I would benefit from this SSD because all I got is mechanical hard drives and with these SSD this will help me with loading programs and making windows run more faster.

Having an ssd for a boot drive is amazing, I can start up in a little over 10 seconds with a login screen, even without fastboot. They do fill up a lot easier with larger games though. :/

My 4 year old 80GB SSD (with my OS on) is getting depleted (2 GB left) as we speak, would love to have that beautiful SSD to replace it with :)

I want an AS330 Panther 240G SSD because I have one last 2.5" slot to fill! Everyone should have and SSD with at least their OS on it because <10 second startups are amazing.

I would use this in my mid tower to dramatically increase my boot time and general responsiveness. I don't have one at the moment and this could be the key to my productivity

I stopped using a PC and switch to a MBP a few years ago, I experienced many things before I switched back but the most valuable being an SSD for your boot drive is awesome, everyone should have an SSD!

On 2/8/2016 at 2:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

I'd love to win this because currently i am stuck using a laptop with a radeon hd8750m card in it. But it doesn't end there. The hdd I'm stuck using is a Samsung 5400rpm 1tb spinpoint drive. It is slower than a turtle and its hard to do much of anything. With an ssd i could boost that. Not only that but i am working on a rig (my first) currently and the last part i need is my cpu which has been on back order for just about 2 months and the shipment date keeps being changed.. So really I'd love to have something positive and awesome happen right now. Plus it never hurts to have the ssd in my rig either right? Faster computer=happier person. Good boot times are what makes the world go round. 

Thanks for the giveaway LTT and Spacer. You guys rock ? 

I want a new SSD because i don't have SSD and Everyone like SSD because you Read and Write faster than to HDD.