Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I need an ssd upgrade because I don't have an ssd currently.... Just purchased a new case, motherboard, proccessor, and ram, ssd is one of the things up next when I get my next paycheck... It'd be great ot not have to worry about it though... :)

I would like a new ssd; because on my laptop I travel with use to have one that I took out for my workstations boot drive. Now its sluggish with everything... Everyone should have one, Because they are reliable, fast, and you can shove it into your oil cooled pc! 

I currently have a Centon 380. This drive gives a one start on Amazon and I can tell why. I have owned this since its release date before knowing anything about solid state drives. Boy did I prove that to myself after having this for a couple years now. This drive is not even capable of a full SATA III. Running Crystal Disk Mark gives some very concerning results. My read speed is 187 MB/s and write is 311 MB/s. I think this alone can prove that I had a terrible SSD. Now on to why I believe everyone should have an SSD. I have spent years with this said drive in my main machine but have intel 730s at work that improve hardware programming by 10x. For most that just watch YouTube or get on Facebook they might not notice much but a faster boot time or apps loading quicker, but for people that do a lot of resource intensive stuff this shows SSD is a better option for anyone.

I would love to have an SSD in my system, I have been building pc's for about 10 years now and have never put had an ssd in one. I think it would be awesome to experience the raw power of an SSD :P  I really hope i win but If i dont win its ok, Grats to whoever does win tho!

Having an ssd would be fan-freaking-balls-to-the-walls-tastic! At 16 years of age and no steady income, I am stuck with the 160 gig hdd in my rig right now?. An ssd would breath new life into my system

I think everyone should have their operating system on an ssd. Not to impress their friends or anything but to just save time, time that you could be using to do something else such as work, or regular internet surfing. :D

Linus infected me with the server-network-overkill videos so that i did decide to do something on my own.

An SSD would be perfect as a cache for my Link-Aggregated NAS ...

Keep this stuff coming - it's amazing ;)

I want an ssd to get rid of my 5 year old hard drive in my build. begining to get a little annoying waiting 7 minutes to boot windwos

Despite having a rather nice computer that I've put together myself, I'm still using perfectly-normal-drives.  It kills my soul to wait the infinite minutes for my computer to start. Plus, this is named after a cat, and I want a cat.

I want one because I don't have one. SSD's are nice, everyone should have one

Why I'd like it: Fast speeds and swift memes

Why anybody else like it: Fast speeds and swift memes

Must I say much more?

I'm really in a dire need of second SSD, so winning this would be amazing! Also this is propably one of the most beautiful SSD's I've seen before.

Well to start off my WD Black just died and I'm on my own scrapyard "war" to resurrect my desktop which run on a q8400. As someone who never experience SSD this would be a great chance for me. Thats all. Good luck to the others.

I'm in the process of getting all the parts for my build, and shaving off the price of an SSD would be super helpful! I'm planning on building a triple-boot system (Windows 10, OS X, and Ubuntu) just for fun, and that means I'll need a LOT of storage space!

On Monday, February 08, 2016 at 3:40 PM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

i want the ssd because i have never gotten any ssd nor fast speed hdd. I wanted to try out how fast is ssd with a 500mb++ reading speed. thank you

I just built a new computer with an old hard drive and I could definitely use a new SSD to speed up everything :D

SSDs are great because load times are almost nonexistent and ever since I got one I have been in love!

Everyone should have an SSD just because it helps to boot your computer (and run whatever's installed on it) much faster. Also, my 120gb SSD is about to fill up and having that extra space would definitely be a boon.

Never have i ever had an SSD..... wouldn't be bad to finally get my hands on one to really see if it is that fast as everyone is talking

I want the ssd because my hard drive is clicking and it drives me nuts! People don;t usually mention it but they should have one for the silent operation and low power draw

Why would I like an SSD? Wel I'm currently running on a 320GB 5400RPM hdd that used to be an external drive, When I bought my pc 2 months ago I didn't buy an SSD or bigger HDD to spend more on the CPU/GPU, wel now I can play games but the loading times are horrendoes, ARK: Survival takes litterally 11 minutes to load, everytime I play it I have 11 minutes to either clean my room or take a shower, I would much rather clean my inventory or swim in fake water instead. :)