Do i have enough PCIE Lanes/USB Output?

So let me begin by explaining. My current setup is slowly getting upgraded and replaced so that in the future i wont have to upgrade it that much to keep it on top. I just have to upgrade the GPU when needed. However what im trying to do at the moment is add things that will allow me to make things in life easier to use.

For example i want to install;

Icy Box IB-867 - USB 2.0 x 2 & USB 3.0 with Molex and Sata

Asus USB 3.1 PCIE Card - PCIE Slot

HUE+ - USB 2.0

I currently have a NZXT USB Hub to allow for extra USB internal ports to be used. What im asking is if i have all that new stuff in my system, will my CPU still be alive and my motherboard not want to kill itself. Heres the entire intended spec list i eventually want to get to;

Undecided PC Case Replacement
MSI X99S SLI PLUS Motherboard
Intel i7 5820K CPU
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
4x Noctua NF fans
4x Corsair LED AF Fans
1x nVidia 2016 Card
1x Samsung 850 PRO
1x Samsung NVME 500GB M.2
1x WD Red 3TB
1x WD Black 3TB
Cable Mod Cables Orange and Black
NZXT USB hub
CD/DVD Drive and Burner
Wifi PCIE Card
HUE+
IcyBox
Asus PCIE USB 3.1 Card
Corsair Vengence 16GB RAM 2400Mhz

Im basically wanting to get my PC up to top quality. Allow myself to not have to upgrade it within another 5 years with exception to the GPU, along with the fact that i dont want to have to deal with any issue with it as ive only just solved one issue that i had for over a year. However my main issues are that the NZXT USB Splitter wont work and allow my motherboard to control the HUE+, H100i and the Icybox as it only has 2 USB 2.0 Header and the only one on the main board would be the H100i whilst the Icybox and HUE+ would be on the NZXT Splitter. My other two issues is that if i can migrate Windows 10 to my NVME Drive along with if that Asus PCIE card will work with my motherboard considering its an MSI board along with the fact that i dont know if my CPU can handle my PCs setup. If so would i need to get a new CPU if i get a new GPU when the 2016 cards launch?

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

Moved to CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Ok so from my understanding the GPU lanes come directly from the CPU, and the others from the chipset. The way the lanes are distributed amongst the devices depends on the motherboard and CPU for example

5820k  and 2x SLI would be like 16x - 8x and 3x sli would be 8x - 8x -8x

5930k and 2x sli would be 16x -16x  and 3x would be 16x - 16x- 0x - 8x

Pretty sure sata comes from a different chipset so wont consume your lanes

your only lane consuming items are the gpu (16x max) the nvme which would be achievable on Z97

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

10 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Ok so from my understanding the GPU lanes come directly from the CPU, and the others from the chipset. The way the lanes are distributed amongst the devices depends on the motherboard and CPU for example

your only lane consuming items are the gpu (16x max) the nvme which would be achievable on Z97

My bad. Didnt know if the PCIE Cards GPU and USB 2.0 all used up PCIE lanes as i wasnt sure what USB stood on with the CPU or if it was just motherboard dependant. 

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

I didn't actually spot the USB and wifi cards still think you will have the head room with ease

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

5 minutes ago, iDeJayDzn said:

My bad. Didnt know if the PCIE Cards GPU and USB 2.0 all used up PCIE lanes as i wasnt sure what USB stood on with the CPU or if it was just motherboard dependant. 

PCIe based technology only consumes PCIe lanes. SATA and USB have their own electrical pathways that link to the PCH(big chipset on the board). The post that you quoted is correct, but something you should bear in mind is that any PCIe RAID add-in cards you install will consume PCIe lanes even though the ports might be SATA. Same goes with PCIe based USB add-in cards.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

36 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

On the X99, everything is done by the lanes on the CPU, including M.2 and NVMe. SATA come, ethernet, comes from the X99 PCH.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

On the X99, everything is done by the lanes on the CPU, including M.2 and NVMe. SATA come, ethernet, comes from the X99 PCH.

I think that's pretty much what I said/thought, GPU/M.2/MVME on CPU and SATA from the chipset. Not sure about add in cards though

Ryzen Ram Guide

3 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

I think that's pretty much what I said/thought, GPU/M.2/MVME on CPU and SATA from the chipset. Not sure about add in cards though

Cards are also done by the CPU

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Your going to be fine. The C610 chipset can support up to 40 PCI-e links/lanes, but your PCI-e controler on the 5820 is nerfed to 28 links. The PCI-e buss controler will alocate links dependant on the PCIe deveices plugned into the buss. This can be up to the amount of links that the buss controler can support. So you could have up to 28 deveces on your 5820K's intigrated PCI-e buss. Its also a common misconseption that links can be "split" if a device is only 2.0 compliant. Unless you have a PCI-e 2.0 Bus controller hanging off the 3.0 contoler's buss this can not happen. Each device is addressed in a link or lane. The links addressing a single device are sent in a data striped patern over the various links designated to the device.

your using:

16x links graphics card

4x links M.2 card

4x links USB 3.1 card

Im guessing 4x links for the Wifi card

Total 28 links

Now remember the southbridge does have 8x PCI-e 2.0 links. I personaly would find out which PCI-e sockets is assigned to that bus and use it for the USB card and or Wifi card. Also keep inmind some additional "candy" some of these boards come with may also be assigned to the PCI-e busses.