Phablets with SD card slots

My ~3 year old Galaxy s4 has come to a disappointing end, not with a bang, but a whimper. I think the battery contacts have gone off somehow so its practically inoperable since its unreliable whether or not it will remain on.

Anyway, I know that i want my next phone to be phablet, but I also want to carry over my 13.5 GB of music that is on my micro sd card to my new phone. The Galaxy Note 5 looks very enticing to me, especially with how sexy it would look with the mahogany dbrand skin, but I want there to be some way to use a micro SD card with that phone. Surely there's a case that plugs into the phone that one could put an SD card into?

If not, I would appreciate some recommendations as to which phone i should get for the best phablet experience that has an sd card slot. 

3 minutes ago, NotSoHonestAbe said:

My ~3 year old Galaxy s4 has come to a disappointing end, not with a bang, but a whimper. I think the battery contacts have gone off somehow so its practically inoperable since its unreliable whether or not it will remain on.

Anyway, I know that i want my next phone to be phablet, but I also want to carry over my 13.5 GB of music that is on my micro sd card to my new phone. The Galaxy Note 5 looks very enticing to me, especially with how sexy it would look with the mahogany dbrand skin, but I want there to be some way to use a micro SD card with that phone. Surely there's a case that plugs into the phone that one could put an SD card into?

If not, I would appreciate some recommendations as to which phone i should get for the best phablet experience that has an sd card slot. 

Can you not transfer the files onto the on board storage on the new phone?

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Just now, TheGhzGuy said:

Can you not transfer the files onto the on board storage on the new phone?

i could, but i like to have space for apps and i like to save money by getting the lowest amt of on board storage available. or maybe that's not a thing anymore, its been a while since i bought a phone

Just now, NotSoHonestAbe said:

i could, but i like to have space for apps and i like to save money by getting the lowest amt of on board storage available. or maybe that's not a thing anymore, its been a while since i bought a phone

On the Nexus 6P it's an extra 50 dollars to get 64GB vs 32GB. how much do you want to send on this phone?

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

5 minutes ago, TheGhzGuy said:

On the Nexus 6P it's an extra 50 dollars to get 64GB vs 32GB. how much do you want to send on this phone?

as little as possible while still getting a relatively flagship device

LG V10 is sexy and has a SD card slot, would have recomended the OnePlus 2 but it has sadly not got an SD card slot :( nither phones are really "phablets" but there close enough

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Used Note 4 is probably the best way to go, Samsung is offering a 200 dollar rebate atm for Note 4's.

Just now, Bubblewhale said:

Used Note 4 is probably the best way to go, Samsung is offering a 200 dollar rebate atm for Note 4's.

Yep, that seems like the best option too

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

1) why not try cleaning the S4. Possibly using a LITTLE bit of rubbing alcohol on a q-tip and then buy a new oem battery on amazon for a few bucks?

2) Try a Galaxy S5. You will still get the SD Card, and replaceable battery, but it will be cheaper due it being a generation or two older, and maybey even more so when they release the S7 in a couple weeks?

The S4 also has a set of wireless charging points, maybe a wireless charge might work?

2 minutes ago, Talamakara said:

1) why not try cleaning the S4. Possibly using a LITTLE bit of rubbing alcohol on a q-tip and then buy a new oem battery on amazon for a few bucks?

2) Try a Galaxy S5. You will still get the SD Card, and replaceable battery, but it will be cheaper due it being a generation or two older, and maybey even more so when they release the S7 in a couple weeks?

The S4 also has a set of wireless charging points, maybe a wireless charge might work?

Its not the charging, its the contact b/w the phone body and the battery, but i've needed a new phone for a while

Just now, NotSoHonestAbe said:

Its not the charging, its the contact b/w the phone body and the battery, but i've needed a new phone for a while

I'd say a S5 just cause you get both SD and replaceable battery then. It's not quite a phablet but was still a flagship and it will be cheaper cause of its age. imo

2 hours ago, Fooshi said:

LG V10 and Moto X Style have SD card slots. 

Swapped my Xperia Z5 Compact with the V10 a few days ago and I'm baffled by how much of a man-phone the thing is. Storage shouldn't be an issue either, as it comes with 64GB internal storage too.

My sister has the V10 and swears by it. I would agree, the V10 would be a good choice. I have the G3 from LG and I have never been disappointed in my phone. So much so that Im waiting till I have it paid off before upgrading. I plan on keeping my G3 as a spare, and Ill probably get what ever LG device is out at the time. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 hours ago, NotSoHonestAbe said:

get this

I have the note 5, great phone

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

2 minutes ago, Maximoose said:

get this

I have the note 5, great phone

i want a phone that i can put an sd card inside, or a case that would enable me to do so on an note 5

I would say V10 or G4 if you want to save a little.  Also you might want to wait just a little bit longer, the S7 and G5 are going to be announced at MWC. Check if any of those devices have it, at the very least the prices of current gen phones will go down a little.

7 hours ago, Inkz said:

I would say V10 or G4 if you want to save a little.  Also you might want to wait just a little bit longer, the S7 and G5 are going to be announced at MWC. Check if any of those devices have it, at the very least the prices of current gen phones will go down a little.

I heard 2 LG devices will be announced. So the G5 and a replacement for the V10. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.