Powering 2x1440p Displays

xeks

no ...

• Display Connectors   DL-DVI-I/ SL-DVI-D / HDMI / MINI DPx2

200px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

The connector on the gpus might look like dual link connectors, though they are NOT connected internally!

that's stupid :(

the problem can be avoided by getting Monitors with Displayport connectors btw.

the qnix and xstar are cheap and only get the one connector, no dp sadly. It's the superior connector!

that's stupid :(

well there is a reason why the connectors have all pins and that is that you don't need different DVI cables for different use cases ;)

the qnix and xstar are cheap and only get the one connector, no dp sadly. It's the superior connector!

I know, but I think I have seen a korean version with DP as well.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

well there is a reason why the connectors have all pins and that is that you don't need different DVI cables for different use cases ;)

I understand :'(

one 780 is enough... Here's a video of 3x1440p with two 780's tho.

Yeah I've watched that. :P Thanks.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • Central Processing Unit: Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
  • Random-Access Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphics Processing Unit: Aorus GeForce 1080 Ti
  • Power Supply Unit: Corsair Professional Series AX750
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
  • Storage: AData S599 60GB + AData SU650 500GB + WDC Blue 1TB +AData SU800 1TB
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S
  • Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Audio: Logitech 2.5 Speakers + Feenix Aria + Bose In-Ears
  • Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB271HU
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• Device Model: Samsung S20+
  • Operating System: Android 10
  • Read-Only Memory: One UI  2.1
  • Kernel: Stock

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

DONT GET AN NVIDIA FOR 2 DISPLAYS. As far as I know you will be able to use them both and move things around but you won't be able to run applications like games on both. (you need 3 for that). This makes the 7970 the obvious choice or for more patient people a 9970.

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

DONT GET AN NVIDIA FOR 2 DISPLAYS. As far as I know you will be able to use them both and move things around but you won't be able to run applications like games on both. (you need 3 for that). This makes the 7970 the obvious choice or for more patient people a 9970.

I have 2 displays with an nvidia sli setup, and I can vouch for that. Certain games black out the 2nd display while playing.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

So from this whole 2 page response, I take it that a single 780 will do fine. Thanks.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

Here is what you want, the ASUS HD 7970 DCUII http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007B5P9SU/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B007B5P9SU&linkCode=as2&tag=amzon0c-20 with 4 mini display ports and 2X DUAL Link DVI ports.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

Thanks, I'm hoping the price for the 780 will drop a bit during the holidays and also with AMD's next card release. I'm not buying immediately so I can wait it out a bit. Will probably get one monitor first.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

You will be gaming on 1 screen, so what is the issue?

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

I understand what you're saying. I'm just also saying that when I'm actually ready to purchase the card upgrade that maybe the 780 will be more reasonably priced or something about the 9xxx cards.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

to run with high textures and far render distance your going to want around 2-3gb of vram minimum and a very high level graphics card sli isnt really needed but would be nice. Its better to go with one high end card then two mid range cards

Rig: i5 3570k clocked at 4.4ghz stable/gainward stock gtx 670/ 256gb ocz vertex 3/ 2tb wd green/ zalman z11/ samsung 24x blueray reader/ benq 2411t 120hz gaming monitor

to run with high textures and far render distance your going to want around 2-3gb of vram minimum and a very high level graphics card sli isnt really needed but would be nice. Its better to go with one high end card then two mid range cards

Yep.

Spoiler

Tantō

• Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

the problem can be avoided by getting monitors with Displayport connectors btw.

These display ports...we need more of them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.