R9 295x2 for 500$ a good deal or not?

Dat Kitty
1 minute ago, Dat Kitty said:

XFX

I would try going down to 450 or even 400 then I would do it.

I know I can get dual 290xs for ~200 US used (on the high end)

At least here. Online its a fair bit more.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

See my profile or first link in sig

Nice deal on the 690. Hardly see those going around anymore. U have a point. But 295x2 for $500 usd is a decent deal in most places. The cheapes Ive seen it is $400 on hw swap

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Just now, afyeung said:

Nice deal on the 690. Hardly see those going around anymore. U have a point. But 295x2 for $500 usd is a decent deal in most places. The cheapes Ive seen it is $400 on hw swap

There you go

its a used 295x2 and you just said they go for 400

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

6 minutes ago, App4that said:

What's your power supply?

Were i to get the card id get a rm1000 from corsair

Just now, thekeemo said:

There you go

its a used 295x2 and you just said they go for 400

I didnt say they go for $400 lol. Thats the cheapest Ive seen it. I'd be very careful getting a 295x2 though. You are a self proclaimed used deal snob so I guess I cant argue lol

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Just now, afyeung said:

I didnt say they go for $400 lol. Thats the cheapest Ive seen it. I'd be very careful getting a 295x2 though. You are a self proclaimed used deal snob so I guess I cant argue lol

Cheapest you have seen = value as far as I am concerned.

Just now, thekeemo said:

this made me lol 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

6 minutes ago, Dat Kitty said:

Were i to get the card id get a rm1000 from corsair

What do you have now? How much is the RM1000?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

14 minutes ago, App4that said:

The rm1000 is about 140 and i cant power it with my current psu as its 650 watts

Just now, Dat Kitty said:

The rm1000 is about 140 and i cant power it with my current psu as its 650 watts

Add the 140 to the 500 you'd spend on the 295x2. Get a 980ti that will run on your current power supply.

Just now, App4that said:
1 minute ago, App4that said:

Add the 140 to the 500 you'd spend on the 295x2. Get a 980ti that will run on your current power supply.

Im going to need to upgrade my  psu anyway as i have an older mot so good one right now. 

Just now, Dat Kitty said:

What's wrong with it? As long as it's a good quality PSU it's last just about forever.

15 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

My friend bought his i7-4770k in a trade for $100, plus some phone cases.

There you go, an i7-4770k is not worth more than $100 USD, nobody should ever buy it for more expensive than that. 

6 minutes ago, App4that said:

I accidentally quoted this and now I can't remove it because screw the new text editor on mobile. 

I used to be quite active here.

2 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

My friend bought his i7-4770 in a trade for $100, plus some phone cases.

There you go, an i7-4770 is not worth more than $100 USD, nobody should ever buy it for more expensive than that. 

I'll give you a doughnut and a chicken for that i7

7 minutes ago, App4that said:

Okay this is so wierd  rip mobil editor but my current psu is well old inefficient non modular and frankly bright green doesnt fit to well woth and blue red theme case

My current system minus gpu is an msi z97 gaming 5 mobo

antec 900 case

i7 4790k planning on overclocking later

16 gb corsair vengance ram

crucial 248gb ssd

I'll give you a doughnut and a chicken for that i7

I wish I could have it. Soon, I'm replacing the i7-4770 in my sister's second-hand prebuilt (we got it from my mom's friend for $250, it has a GT 630 and that locked i7)  with an i5-4590, and I'm putting it in my PC with a nice motherboard like a Z97S SLI Krait from MSI. The reason I'm going with an expensive motherboard is because it's at Micro Center for $110+$10MIR, and also because on PCPP the motherboards below it don't appeal to my color scheme (black) or they don't have the features I want. The i5 is $159 at Micro Center, too. So I'll be paying less than the price of an i7 to get an i7 and a brand new motherboard in my computer. 

Oops, this turned into a status update. 

2 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

I wish I could have it. Soon, I'm replacing the i7-4770 in my sister's second-hand prebuilt (we got it from my mom's friend for $250, it has a GT 630 and that locked i7)  with an i5-4590, and I'm putting it in my PC with a nice motherboard like a Z97S SLI Krait from MSI. The reason I'm going with an expensive motherboard is because it's at Micro Center for $110+$10MIR, and also because on PCPP the motherboards below it don't appeal to my color scheme (black) or they don't have the features I want. The i5 is $159 at Micro Center, too. So I'll be paying less than the price of an i7 to get an i7 and a brand new motherboard in my computer. 

Oops, this turned into a status update. 

Your giving you sister a i5, what'd she do to deserve that? *joke sign*

OP, I'd choose a better graphics card over the PSU but that's your call to make.

Your giving you sister a i5, what'd she do to deserve that? *joke sign*

She might complain, but she doesn't own the PC. All she does on it is MS Paint with her drawing pen/pad (maybe Photoshop if we can get another license,) some light gaming (mostly Minecraft,) and using Skype/Hangouts to talk to her friends. I don't think she'll miss the i7. 

Just now, Kobathor said:

She might complain, but she doesn't own the PC. All she does on it is MS Paint with her drawing pen/pad (maybe Photoshop if we can get another license,) some light gaming (mostly Minecraft,) and using Skype/Hangouts to talk to her friends. I don't think she'll miss the i7. 

Nah, that i5 is plenty for that.

i could get a zotac 980 for 360 U.S. Or an ecga overclocked for 450 U.S.But it wouldnt perform as well? With the 295x2 the game needs to have crossfire support so would it be worth it.

Nah, that i5 is plenty for that.

I was gonna add

Yes, I'm technically buying her a $160 present, while also taking something worth ~$250 from her. Cool. 

1 minute ago, Dat Kitty said:

i could get a 980 for 400 U.S. But it wouldnt perform as well? With the 295x2 the game needs to have crossfire support so would it be worth it.

A 980ti for $400? I would take that instead. Then, you don't even need to upgrade your PSU. It wouldn't perform as well, but it would use less power, and you could always add a second one down the line. A 295x2 is a beast of a card, but it also comes with some hassle. 

4 minutes ago, Dat Kitty said:

Not a 980ti a regular 980

A 980 is still a very strong card, and doesn't have any of the issues such as power consumption, heat, and crossfire compatibility that the 295x2 has.

What monitor do you use?