What is the best, most reliable 600W PSU?

Geekazoid

Hey guys,

Just wondering what the best and most reliable 600W PSU is?

I realise that this is a subjective topic but any suggestions should help me in finding a decent PSU.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Seasonic (Corsair & XFX for that matter as well as they're are rebranded Seasonic PSU's), Silverstone, Enermax, Cooler Master (never had any issues with my Silent Pro 620W, still running smooth and quiet!)

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Ah you can probably tell that I've created several topics recently for the Gainward GPUs, for CPU coolers and for PSUs. I'm just trying to post them in the correct sections.

Currently use that model in my PC, never had a problem, easy to sleeve and cheap :) awesome little unit

Ah! Good to know. Thanks mate!

I would recommend the Seasonic G 550w : http://www.mwave.com.au/product/sku-aa49474-seasonic_g_series_550w_power_supply_atx_eps_80plus

or the Super Flower Golden Green 600w: http://www.itestate.com.au/pages/product/pdt_product_detail.faces?BeanName=productDetailAction&pcode=16156

They both will provide more usable power to your components and better performance than that the group-regulated PSU you are looking at.

Antec, Be Quiet, Corsair, Fractal Design, NZXT, Seaosnic, Silverstone, and XFX are all good among others.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The Silverstone Strider Plus 600W ST60F-P is made by Enhance and they are not a bad manufacturer for psus.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

well if you ask...

the best ~600W psu is the super flower golden king 550 . an excelent premium unit that if needed can be used as a 650W gold unit and the quiet fan hardly spins even with the psu in full load.

if its not avaible in your contry search for kingwin lazer platinum 550W.its the same unit with kingwin sticker on it