Good ways to stress test an upcoming build?

So I'm gonna order components for my new work/gaming/elite build and I was wondering what programs atm. are good ones to run stress tests or whether there is the need anymore? I haven't built a rig in a long time (probably over 6 years) so I'm kinda out of the loop when it comes to stress test programs. I have no intention of overclocking so the main point is just to assure that the rig will run smoothly while gaming and photo editing. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i7 6700k 4.5GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16Gb (2x8Gb) 3000Mhz, Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, WD Red 3TB + WD Green 2TB, Corsair Ax860i, Corsair H100i GTX, NZXT H440 Black w/tinted window, Asus ROG swift PG258Q 240Hz + Asus ROG swift PG279Q 165Hz

Runn folding at home for 24 hours.
 So you help healing diseases with your testing.

EDIT: installing takes about 5 minutes: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/876-foldinghome-install-guide-and-links-linustechtips_team-223518/

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

3 minutes ago, buttmademewiser said:

So I'm gonna order components for my new work/gaming/elite build and I was wondering what programs atm. are good ones to run stress tests or whether there is the need anymore? I haven't built a rig in a long time (probably over 6 years) so I'm kinda out of the loop when it comes to stress test programs. I have no intention of overclocking so the main point is just to assure that the rig will run smoothly while gaming and photo editing. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

furmark

3dmark

cpu-burner on furmark

cinebench

idk

Since you are not overclocking I don't really see the reason for doing this but if you really what to check stability I'd go with OCCT and MemTest for a start.

EDIT: And if you want to test the GPU I would recommend 3DMark and the Unigine stuff (Heaven, Valley etc.)

p95 26.6

3d mark firestrike

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

Prime 95 and kombuster for like 24 hours, get a score on furmark 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Intel XTU, the trial version of aida 64 (you should be able to see if your cooler is mount properly after a couple minutes of either)

GPU wise idk I usually only run games, if your not overclocking it's not that important

Oh and never use Prime 95, it's pointless and could cause issues

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful