Core i5 4670K Warranty

Tyranade
Go to solution Solved by ERSCreeper,

I was just reading this thread

http://www.overclock.net/t/1257057/psa-intel-will-void-your-warranty-if-you-use-a-3rd-party-cooler

and this guy is saying it will.

I call BS. Maybe when you send it in for RMA they require you to send it will the Stock cooler but your warranty will not be void if you use a 3rd-party cooler.

Edit: I know when you RMA a motherboard for example. The company requires you to send it in with everything that came in the box. Even the Driver CD.

Okay so I am wondering, if I use a 3rd party cooler on my Core i5 4670K will it void the warranty? Right now I have my H60 V2 on it and I'm just wondering if something happens to my CPU and I need to RMA it (say it randomly dies, I am not Overclocking it until I build my ATX System in it. So yeah will using a Non-Stock cooler void my Warranty?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D | Cooler: NZXT Kraken 360 2023 Edition | Motherboard: Asus X670-P Wi-Fi |  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MT/s

GPU: XFX AMD Radeon 7800XT | PSU: NZXT C1000 | Storage: Corsair MP600 Core XT 2TB | Case: NZXT H7 Flow

CPU-Z Validation

Okay so I am wondering, if I use a 3rd party cooler on my Core i5 4670K will it void the warranty? Right now I have my H60 V2 on it and I'm just wondering if something happens to my CPU and I need to RMA it (say it randomly dies, I am not Overclocking it until I build my ATX System in it. So yeah will using a Non-Stock cooler void my Warranty?

No.... It will not void your warranty.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Of course it won't, how would intel even know what cooler you're using?

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Of course it won't, how would intel even know what cooler you're using?

Exactly. They don't even give you a stock cooler on the Sandy Bridge E CPUs... You're supposed to go out and use your own.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

3rd party coolers are generally better at cooling... and they would have no way of knowing if you used an aftermarket cooler either. but no that would most definitively not void your cpu's warranty

No.... It will not void your warranty.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1257057/psa-intel-will-void-your-warranty-if-you-use-a-3rd-party-cooler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D | Cooler: NZXT Kraken 360 2023 Edition | Motherboard: Asus X670-P Wi-Fi |  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MT/s

GPU: XFX AMD Radeon 7800XT | PSU: NZXT C1000 | Storage: Corsair MP600 Core XT 2TB | Case: NZXT H7 Flow

CPU-Z Validation

I call BS. Maybe when you send it in for RMA they require you to send it will the Stock cooler but your warranty will not be void if you use a 3rd-party cooler.

Edit: I know when you RMA a motherboard for example. The company requires you to send it in with everything that came in the box. Even the Driver CD.

\

Thanks for the clarification guys, reading that thread made me go, FFS Really o_O!

CPU-Z Validation

they wouldnt be able to notice what cooler you use they cant even see if you didnt use a cooler 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

they wouldnt be able to notice what cooler you use they cant even see if you didnt use a cooler 

Unless the CPU burst in to flames aha.

CPU-Z Validation

Unless the CPU burst in to flames aha.

lol yeah :P 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler