problems with upgrading to i5-4690k, no post

Go to solution Solved by Argumus,

I had to downgrade my MEI and chipset version for the windows bios update to work then my i5-was able to work then.

THANK YOU EVERYONE! I solved it! It works for me! I will describe it in summary:
(I had a H81M-E which  didn't accept a i7 4790)

0. Your ME version in bios is probable the old 9.0.2.13455. Check it in BIOS. That is the problem. In this case, follow the steps below:

1. INSTALL WIN7 OR WIN10. (with any older haswell cpu)

IF YOU HAVE WINDOWS 7 INSTALLED:
2.1. Download the files from asus.com.
2.1.1. First select your motherboard. Choose Support > Driver and Tools > Windows 7 64-bit and search and download the "Management Engine Interface V9.0.0.1287". (If you can't find it use "See All Downloads".)
2.1.2. Second search and download the BIOS Update "Version 2.00.02". Its name is "BIOS updater for New 4th Gen Intel Core Processors". (If you can't find it use "See All Downloads".)
2.1.3. Third download the latest BIOS update (BIOS 3602 in case of H81M-E).
2.2. Install "Management Engine Interface V9.0.0.1287" in windows 7.
2.3. Reboot.
2.4. Run "BIOS updater for New 4th Gen Intel Core Processors" and browse the the latest BIOS update.
2.5. Reboot. (You can check in BIOS that ME version is now 9.0.30.1482)
2.6. Replace the CPU with new one. It will work! :)

IF YOU HAVE WINDOWS 10 INSTALLED:
3.1. Download the files from asus.com.
3.1.1. First select your motherboard. Choose Support > Driver and Tools > Windows 10 64-bit and search and download the "Management Engine Interface V9.5.15.1730". (If you can't find it use "See All Downloads".)
3.1.2. Second search and download the BIOS Update "Version 2.00.02". Its name is "BIOS updater for New 4th Gen Intel Core Processors". (If you can't find it use "See All Downloads".)
3.1.3. Third download the latest BIOS update (BIOS 3602 in case of H81M-E).
3.2. Install "Management Engine Interface V9.0.0.1287" in windows 10. Installer complained at the end, but ignore it.
3.3. Reboot.
3.4. Run "BIOS updater for New 4th Gen Intel Core Processors" and browse the the latest BIOS update.
3.5. Reboot. (You can check in BIOS that ME version is now 9.0.30.1482)
3.6. Replace the CPU with new one. It will work! :)

If you want to see the solution in a video, type it on Youtube: "Asus H81M-E I5 4690k fail to post SOLVED Read Description"

I hope I helped you!