4k or 1440p? best monitor

danielhowk

hi im planning to buy a 2nd monitor, should i go with 4k 60hz(pb289q asus or acer xb271hk) or 1440p 144hz -165hz monitor(pg279q asus or acer xb271hu)?
assuming those 3 monitors are the best of its kind at this moment?
i play games and browse the internet. will 4k look alot nicer on desktop browsing? 
since 4k 60hz and 1440p 144hz takes nearly the same graphic power to supply both resolution.
and if you guys got any better monitor to recommend for the 4k and 1440p

I think I would take 1440P (well I have lol) as GPU's cant quite drive 4k at high FPS "yet"

but get the IPS Asus RoG/Acer Predator

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1440p, 4k isn't really mainstream yet and building a system capable of running 4k is possible if you have a lot of money to blow. besides I'm sure you would be happy with the improvement from 1080 to 1440. Its pretty noticeable

43 minutes ago, jpow007 said:

1440p, 4k isn't really mainstream yet and building a system capable of running 4k is possible if you have a lot of money to blow. besides I'm sure you would be happy with the improvement from 1080 to 1440. Its pretty noticeable

okay ill go with 2560 x 1440p, whats the best monitor for 2560 x 1440p. is it the asus pg279aq? 
and may i ask why people care so much about 165 refresh rate. and going to set it to 120hz refresh rate. due to testing and overall performance. might as well save some cash and just but a 120hz monitor right? is there something im missing out?

Its the best 27 inch monitor and it is expensive because it supports Gsync technology, 1440p, high refresh rate, IPS panel. Its a lot of money you could get a 3440x1440p monitor for cheaper and unless you have a good GPU you might be better off just staying with your 1080p monitor. go check out youtube and check out some reviews from linus, jayztwocents, paulshardware and see what they all say about the differences in monitors and what will best fit you. 

On 2/4/2016 at 9:50 AM, jpow007 said:

Its the best 27 inch monitor and it is expensive because it supports Gsync technology, 1440p, high refresh rate, IPS panel. Its a lot of money you could get a 3440x1440p monitor for cheaper and unless you have a good GPU you might be better off just staying with your 1080p monitor. go check out youtube and check out some reviews from linus, jayztwocents, paulshardware and see what they all say about the differences in monitors and what will best fit you. 

but at the end of the day people set 120hz even though is 165hz refresh monitor. 

feel like u could just buy a 120hz right with gsync?

25 minutes ago, danielhowk said:

but at the end of the day people set 120hz even though is 165hz refresh monitor. 

feel like u could just buy a 120hz right with gsync?

People actually play games that can go over 144fps you know? I was playing call of juarez gunslinger maxed out and it was giving me 300fps.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Hey there.

Personally, I think that the 144Hz 1440p monitor would be much more advantageous for gaming because of the following reasons:
- The 1440p has the option to have a refresh rate of 144Hz, a feature that NO 4K monitors currently have. Provided that your PC is powerful enough to run games at 144Hz, the game will feel a smoother, and overall nicer than the 60Hz.

- Most games do not support 4K gaming, so unless you are a big movie fan, then 4K wouldn't really be necessary

- Even if the game does support 4K, depending on your hardware, you may not even be able to run the game smooth enough to enjoy the 4K to its fullest extent.

Hope this helps :)

depends

what gpu do u have

########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
########################
#######################

you have been visited by ascii stephen harper the pc builder

nothing bad will happen to you unless if you post "ignfdofsginedsoignoifdn" in this thread

why? because you'll be banned for spam

lol

On 2/6/2016 at 1:26 AM, AIJ said:

depends

what gpu do u have

you guys would go with  XB271HU Acer vs PG279Q Asus ?

I have both lg27mu67-b and lg34um98-w both freesync and really picture quality on both are super. I think it comes down to the e penitence you want.

9 hours ago, GetYouBarbara said:

you might also wanna check out the Dell S2716DG

isnt the dell TN panel