xeon e7 8890v2 15 core x2

dual socket dell precision lga 2011 board

128GB ecc ddr3

24  1tb hdd (sata) in raid 6 .

4U case

dell redundant psu

nvidia quadro

/ amd firepro (cheap) , TBD

This is for a project , i don't want to say too much , as i will be posting something here.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Why are you spec'ing such high end Xeon CPU optimised for up to 8 socket systems and only using 2? You could save tons of money using an e5.

Just now, leadeater said:

Why are you spec'ing such high end Xeon CPU optimised for up to 8 socket systems and only using 2? You could save tons of money using an e5.

as i said , i can't reveal too much

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

That is like some goverment spec stuff right there. I am now worried what is going to happen.

and the total price would be upwards of 20-25 GRAND.

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

as i said , i can't reveal too much

Yea I get that but you gain nothing by using the e7 range, no significant extra cache and no extra PCI-E lanes so unless you plan to expand past 4 at a later date it's money not wisely spent. At an RRP of $6841.00 you can spend that on a 4 socket system and come out cheaper with more cache, more cores and more PCI-E lanes.

I'm only wondering since it doesn't make much sense to me, if you have a clear reason to use them then go for it.

Just now, leadeater said:

Yea I get that but you gain nothing by using the e7 range, no significant extra cache and no extra PCI-E lanes so unless you plan to expand past 4 at a later date it's money not wisely spent. At an RRP of $6841.00 you can spend that on a 4 socket system and come out cheaper with more cache, more cores and more PCI-E lanes.

I'm only wondering since it doesn't make much sense to me, if you have a clear reason to use them then go for it.

honestly , i might go for an e7 2xxx or even an e5 .

Anyway to have a crack at your actual question :P

Base System: $2000

CPU: $12000-14000

RAM: $500-$800 (Depends on dual rank/quad rank, low voltage/high voltage etc)

HDD: ~$3000

GPU: Dunno not enough info

7,000-15,000$

Its dual high-end Xeons with 24 HDDs, 128gb of RAM (which for servers actually isnt that impressive)

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

If you're purchasing that from Dell, expect well over $35k for it. Having said that, as far as I can recall, Dell do not offer that spec even on CTO as I can't see it listed in either the Dell PartnerDirect or Dell Premier purchasing portals in front of me.

As mentioned, you'll be better off contacting Supermicro, Dell, HP or Lenovo presales to find an E5 solution that is better spec'd.