Building an Ark Server

I want to build a ark server that can run up to 10 players and a ts server for about the same. I also want something that can be upgradable later down the road. I want to keep this kinda cheap if possible but if I had to spend a couple extra dollars now instead of hundreds later I would rather do that. I've messing around on pcpartpicker and want to get a smaller case to fit underneath my desk and this need to be able to run 24/7 with minimal power output (I have to pay my own power). I know this is a lot to ask but I figured you guys where probably my best option in getting honest help regarding this. Thanks in advance for any help.

You would probably be better off renting a vm or dedicated server from a host. In the long run, the power and data you use will outweigh the price of renting a server.

My native language is C++

cheaper to rent my man. Give it a try :) 

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"