Motherboard help

Dimitrije
1 minute ago, Stardar1 said:

Ok, for the LAST TIME:

THE FX 8350/8370 IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ANY GAMES

They are outperformed by the MOST basic Intel I5. 

GTA V is a GPU bound game. A potato-tier CPU could run it. 

There is no reason for caps. You have to understand that Intel is much more expensive here and that the AMD FX-8350 is actually recommended for the game I'm building this PC basically, check here. http://store.steampowered.com/app/365590/

Game rely on two things, the CPU and GPU.

Let's use a track and field comparison. A thrower is our CPU and the GPU is a sprinter. Because certain events (games) are structured to use different muscles, and each one has strengths in others, you will need both to compete in both events.

GTA is a sprinting competition. It relies on the GPU to sprint to the finish.

A game like Cities Skylines for instance, is a throwing competition. And you will need a good CPU to hold that game.

The FX series is much older, they're muscles have decayed and are not as fit as they once were. There are many others that can better fill their place.

Spoiler

[CPU] Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core        [Motherboard] MSI B150 Gaming M3
[RAM] 8GB Kingston Black (1x8GB) DDR4-2133         [GPU] Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5
[Case] Fractal Design Define R4    [PSU] Corsair CX600M
[Storage] Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB, WD Caviar Blue 1TB   [OS] Windows 10

1 minute ago, Dimitrije said:

There is no reason for caps. You have to understand that Intel is much more expensive here and that the AMD FX-8350 is actually recommended for the game I'm building this PC basically, check here. http://store.steampowered.com/app/365590/

The FM2 socket is going to cost more to upgrade. The 8370 is really the most powerful option on that socket. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

And I originally asked if someone could recommend me a motherboard for AMD FX-8370 CPU, I don't mind anyone recommending me some other CPU or anything else, but you have to understand that if I want to get 8370 I can't use motherboard you recommended for i5 4460.

Just now, Dimitrije said:

What we are all trying to tell you is that the recommended CPU on steam is not correct. 

They are required to pick one from AMD and Intel, and the 8350 is AMDs best CPU (more or less)

The 4460 will get you much more performance in every game. 

We are just trying to prevent you from making a bad decision. 

I used to have an FX-8320, I upgraded to an I5 4690k, and it is WAY better. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

This is a similar case to Linus' video on low-end graphics cards. While the price may be lower, it isn't putting out the performance of many other chips for just a bit more. Its a bad buy. There are more, comparably priced, CPUs on the market, that not only will be able to run the game you want now, but a computer is an investment. If you want to play better games later, you're going to need a better CPU. The FX chips won't cut it.

Spoiler

[CPU] Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core        [Motherboard] MSI B150 Gaming M3
[RAM] 8GB Kingston Black (1x8GB) DDR4-2133         [GPU] Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5
[Case] Fractal Design Define R4    [PSU] Corsair CX600M
[Storage] Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB, WD Caviar Blue 1TB   [OS] Windows 10

2 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

What we are all trying to tell you is that the recommended CPU on steam is not correct. 

They are required to pick one from AMD and Intel, and the 8350 is AMDs best CPU (more or less)

The 4460 will get you much more performance in every game. 

We are just trying to prevent you from making a bad decision. 

I used to have an FX-8320, I upgraded to an I5 4690k, and it is WAY better. 

Okay okay, now as I'm seeing the motherboard for i5 4660 is cheaper then the one I saw for 8370.

Now just to confirm, even tho some sites are saying 8370 has better performance, you're telling me that i5 4460 will get me more FPS in every game? If that's the case, I will take i5 4460 then.

Okay okay, now as I'm seeing the motherboard for i5 4660 is cheaper then the one I saw for 8370.

Now just to confirm, even tho some sites are saying 8370 has better performance, you're telling me that i5 4460 will get me more FPS in every game? If that's the case, I will take i5 4460 then.

what sites say that?

http://cpuboss.com is not to be trusted. 

the I5 4460 is your best bet. 

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

19 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

CPU/MB/RAM:

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/bGTmzy

(those are German prices, as i figured it was the closest to Serbia in the offered list. 

Why did you put 8x1GB of ram? Isn't it cheaper to get 2x4 GB?

Why did you put 8x1GB of ram? Isn't it cheaper to get 2x4 GB?

No. 

Solitaire. 

Oops sorry, I though that is 8 times 1gb of ram, didn't read that its actually 1 stick of 8gb.

1 minute ago, Stardar1 said:

what sites say that?

I was looking at game debate, it said 8370 is better, but cpuboss said 4460 is better by a mile. 8.6 / 10 while 8370 has 5.6 / 10. Thanks, I will probably get CPU/mobo which you recommended, but for the RAM, I will see here what will be cheaper. :)

1 minute ago, Dimitrije said:

I was looking at game debate, it said 8370 is better, but cpuboss said 4460 is better by a mile. 8.6 / 10 while 8370 has 5.6 / 10. Thanks, I will probably get CPU/mobo which you recommended, but for the RAM, I will see here what will be cheaper. :)

That is probably best for the RAM, I just went with lowest price per gigabyte

Solitaire. 

There is nothing wrong with an FX-83xx cpu for gaming. One just needs to understand that the performance one receives is roughly equivalent to the price one pays. http://www.techspot.com/review/991-gta-5-pc-benchmarks/page6.html provides some interesting data. Please note the specific comments on FX cpu.

Indisputably, gpu contributes more to good game performance than the cpu. If going with an FX-8350 allows for getting a better gpu, that would be a wise choice.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Just now, brob said:

There is nothing wrong with an FX-83xx cpu for gaming. One just needs to understand that the performance one receives is roughly equivalent to the price one pays. http://www.techspot.com/review/991-gta-5-pc-benchmarks/page6.html provides some interesting data. Please not the specific comments on FX cpu.

Indisputably, gpu contributes more to good game performance than the cpu. If going with an FX-8350 allows for getting a better gpu, that would be a wise choice.

I have made my mind, I will go with the i5 4460, just need to find some cheapest place to buy here ;)

13 hours ago, Stardar1 said:

what sites say that?

Yo man, not trying to be annoying or anything. But is game debate any of trust? I checked how it's going to run The Division, with 8370 it says High, but with i5 4460 it says Medium or High? Now game debate also gives 8370 more percentage for performance?

AMD FX-8370 http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=8083&game=The+Division&p_make=AMD&p_deriv=FX-8370&gc_make=ATI&gc_deriv=Radeon+R9+390&ram=8&checkSubmit=#systemrequirements

Intel Core i5 4460 http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=8083&game=The+Division&p_make=Intel&p_deriv=Core+i5-4460+3.2GHz&gc_make=ATI&gc_deriv=Radeon+R9+390&ram=8&checkSubmit=#systemrequirements

So is the i5 4460 really better then the fx 8370?

Thanks in advance!

Also i checked on game debate, and it says that the i5 4460 is bottlenecking r9 390, is i5 4460 really going to bottleneck r9 390 or? And i saw intel i5 4460 has intergratted graphics card on cpu, does that mean i wont be able to add r9 390 after or?

7 hours ago, Dimitrije said:

Also i checked on game debate, and it says that the i5 4460 is bottlenecking r9 390, is i5 4460 really going to bottleneck r9 390 or? And i saw intel i5 4460 has intergratted graphics card on cpu, does that mean i wont be able to add r9 390 after or?

I believe all current Intel Pentium and Core cpu have an on-chip gpu. It will not interfere with discreet gpu.

"Bottlenecking" is a horrid term that is very misused. If an i5-4460 is going to have issues with a particular gpu, an FX-83xx will likely be worse.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

8 minutes ago, brob said:

I believe all current Intel Pentium and Core cpu have an on-chip gpu. It will not interfere with discreet gpu.

"Bottlenecking" is a horrid term that is very misused. If an i5-4460 is going to have issues with a particular gpu, an FX-83xx will likely be worse.

Thanks! So my best bet is i5 4460 which is the cpu that i will get 100%. The MoBo that @Stardar1 recommended is also most likely the MoBo i will get! 

Thanks for help everyone!