Motherboard help

Dimitrije

Hey everyone!

I need help choosing a motherboard for AMD FX-8370 CPU, 8GB DDR3 Ram, and later on AMD Radeon R9 390 GPU.

The socket is AM3+ and i don't want intergratted GPU. I found one motherboard with AMD 970 chipset (MSI 870A-G43) and i don't know if that's actually a good motherboard for the CPU nor GPU.

Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, Dimitrije said:

Hey everyone!

I need help choosing a motherboard for AMD FX-8370 CPU, 8GB DDR3 Ram, and later on AMD Radeon R9 390 GPU.

The socket is AM3+ and i don't want intergratted GPU. I found one motherboard with AMD 970 chipset (MSI 870A-G43) and i don't know if that's actually a good motherboard for the CPU nor GPU.

Thanks in advance!

Do you already have that CPU?

If not, do not buy it, Intel has much better CPUs for that price. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

2 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Do you already have that CPU?

If not, do not buy it, Intel has much better CPUs for that price. 

No I do not have that CPU. The price over here where I live is around 160 euros for that CPU and since it has 8 cores and 4 GHz I think it is worth the price.?

Just now, Dimitrije said:

No I do not have that CPU. The price over here where I live is around 160 euros for that CPU and since it has 8 cores and 4 GHz I think it is worth the price.?

Core count and Ghz isnt everything. 

Not all Ghz are created equal. 

So, what country are you in?

What is the PC for?

what is your overall budget?

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

This PC is for gaming, and I don't have the budget, as long as it's not something expensive and has good price/performance ratio. I need CPU, Motherboard and RAM for now.

I live in Serbia.

2 minutes ago, Dimitrije said:

More Cores or Ghz doesn't always equate to better performance. Tons of other stuff like threads, hyperthreading, architecture, single-core and multi-core preformance, etc. will affect the performance of a CPU.

Spoiler

[CPU] Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core        [Motherboard] MSI B150 Gaming M3
[RAM] 8GB Kingston Black (1x8GB) DDR4-2133         [GPU] Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5
[Case] Fractal Design Define R4    [PSU] Corsair CX600M
[Storage] Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB, WD Caviar Blue 1TB   [OS] Windows 10

This PC is for gaming, and I don't have the budget, as long as it's not something expensive and has good price/performance ratio. I need CPU, Motherboard and RAM for now.

I live in Serbia.

Overclocking?

Spoiler

[CPU] Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core        [Motherboard] MSI B150 Gaming M3
[RAM] 8GB Kingston Black (1x8GB) DDR4-2133         [GPU] Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5

Just now, PolosElite23 said:

More Cores or Ghz doesn't always equate to better performance. Tons of other stuff like threads, hyperthreading, architecture, single-core and multi-core preformance, etc. will affect the performance of a CPU.

I was looking thru some videos and saw that AMD FX-8370 and AMD Radeon R9 390 can get GTA V to ultra with good fps. That's CPU/GPU I will be getting. And it's not really expensive. I mean, GPU is a bit pricy, but I'm not getting that right now.

1 minute ago, PolosElite23 said:

Overclocking?

I don't actually know, I plan not to for now, maybe in future.

I was looking thru some videos and saw that AMD FX-8370 and AMD Radeon R9 390 can get GTA V to ultra with good fps. That's CPU/GPU I will be getting. And it's not really expensive. I mean, GPU is a bit pricy, but I'm not getting that right now.

Where did you see that?

I can 100% say that that is not true. 

Solitaire. 

2 minutes ago, Dimitrije said:

I live in Serbia.

Intel CPUs have much better single core performance than AMD CPUs (which is important for gaming). More than 4 cores doesn't make much difference for gaming.

Almost as cool as my temps  

That is the GPU doing all the work. An Intel Core i5 4460 is going to get you better FPS, and the FX 8350 is known to stutter in larger games. (Like GTA)

I strongly suggest not buying the FX 8350 because it was outdated and not powerful when it came out in 2011.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

1 minute ago, connorpiper said:

That is the GPU doing all the work. An Intel Core i5 4460 is going to get you better FPS, and the FX 8350 is known to stutter in larger games. (Like GTA)

I strongly suggest not buying the FX 8350 because it was outdated and not powerful when it came out in 2011.

I'm getting AMD FX-8370 not 8350.

I would suggest you get neither

Solitaire. 

That is just a higher binned version of the 8350. And at any clock speed (Including the 9590), a Core i5 (4460+) is going to do better in games. 

CPU/MB/RAM:

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/bGTmzy

(those are German prices, as i figured it was the closest to Serbia in the offered list. 

Solitaire. 

Just now, Stardar1 said:

I would suggest you get neither

Well for now I'm sticking to AMD FX-8370 since it's not that much expensive and for my needs it's going to be great. Since I'm planning to mostly play Tom Clancy's The Division when it comes out and AMD FX-8350 is recommended but I think 8370 is better, so it's going to do it's job.

Just now, Stardar1 said:

CPU/MB/RAM:

(those are German prices, as i figured it was the closest to Serbia in the offered list. 

The i5-4460, that is a good one. Since he doesn't plan to overclock, it would be best not to get an unlocked. Nice!

Spoiler

Well for now I'm sticking to AMD FX-8370 since it's not that much expensive and for my needs it's going to be great. Since I'm planning to mostly play Tom Clancy's The Division when it comes out and AMD FX-8350 is recommended but I think 8370 is better, so it's going to do it's job.

We are just trying to help. The AMD FX series of CPUs are dead, and should stay that way if they are going to be used for gaming. 

Games will not use all 8 cores. 

A lot of people look at the FX chips and go "it has more cores/GHz for less money" 

But it has 8 REALLY BAD cores. 

It is the same reason you buy 1 GTX 980 instead of 4 GTX 950s. 

the I5 4460 will perform better. 

Solitaire. 

3 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

CPU/MB/RAM:

Yeah but it's 210 euros here. I mean, AMD FX-8350 is recommended for the game I want to play and 8370 is a tiny better, so if that means it's going to run a game on High settings, I might get that one. But I will take in consideration i5 4460.

But for now, is there any motherboard you can recommend for the AMD FX-8370 so I can compare these 2 builds?

Yeah but it's 210 euros here. I mean, AMD FX-8350 is recommended for the game I want to play and 8370 is a tiny better, so if that means it's going to run a game on High settings, I might get that one. But I will take in consideration i5 4460.

But for now, is there any motherboard you can recommend for the AMD FX-8370 so I can compare these 2 builds?

Ok, for the LAST TIME:

THE FX 8350/8370 IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ANY GAMES

They are outperformed by the MOST basic Intel I5. 

GTA V is a GPU bound game. A potato-tier CPU could run it. 

Solitaire. 

BTW: Developers usually know nothing about hardware. Which is why you should ignore hardware recommendations.