Best length for this youtube video?

Cvdasfg

I just started a series called couch coop where me and a friend basically do split screen of some game. This week It was rocket league. I plan to do one of these weekly ( different game each week) and make them about an hour.

My question is should I upload the video as one (60 minutes long)? Or should I do 2 parts (thirty minutes long), four parts (15 minutes long) ect. Any suggestions? 

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Could do streams via twitch or other such platforms and edit down content as well. Normally, 30 to 45 minutes of content is kind of standard. If you have your own commentary or discussions with your friend that makes the time go by fast, time shouldn't be an issue at all as people can do 1 and a half hour vids and never had an issue in watching those.

In this case, it all goes by viewer preference and your process.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I personally prefer 8/10/15 minutes long videos as they can be watched during any kind of brake, plus gives the content creator a bit more run by spacing them out in few days even thought the actual recording might have been 60 minutes plus gives you ability to cut it down  bit in those boring moments ;)

Plus attention span on youtube is decreasing unless you are a loyal fan. With longer videos you might get more fan appreciation but less conversions. Both thing are good but I'd say go with the smaller segments. Try have it ups and down. Have a moment before the intro and leave something funny but not worth the cut at the end after the 'outro'.

About me | Blog 

I'd say 4 parts of each 15 minutes :) Not too long, but ceratinly enjoyable ;) And you can place 4 ads instead of one :D

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

Just now, Lolucoca said:

I'd say 4 parts of each 15 minutes :) Not too long, but ceratinly enjoyable ;) And you can place 4 ads instead of one :D

4 minutes ago, Macronus said:

I personally prefer 8/10/15 minutes long videos as they can be watched during any kind of brake, plus gives the content creator a bit more run by spacing them out in few days even thought the actual recording might have been 60 minutes plus gives you ability to cut it down  bit in those boring moments ;)

Plus attention span on youtube is decreasing unless you are a loyal fan. With longer videos you might get more fan appreciation but less conversions. Both thing are good but I'd say go with the smaller segments. Try have it ups and down. Have a moment before the intro and leave something funny but not worth the cut at the end after the 'outro'.

7 minutes ago, drewjn said:

Could do streams via twitch or other such platforms and edit down content as well. Normally, 30 to 45 minutes of content is kind of standard. If you have your own commentary or discussions with your friend that makes the time go by fast, time shouldn't be an issue at all as people can do 1 and a half hour vids and never had an issue in watching those.

In this case, it all goes by viewer preference and your process.

All very good points! Thank you guys! 

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"