HELP! Building a new workstation rig from outside the US

Just now, connorpiper said:

I did not say there was a shortage of chips. The only supply related topic was the high demand. 

Well yeah. Did you gloss over the article because if you took the time to read it, you would have seen one good point they brought up here:

The supply issues appear to be with the very highest end chips running at relatively clock frequencies, which suggests that Intel is facing some not-so-pleasant issues in manufacturing chips that can meet the stringent power/performance requirements demanded by these processors.

So this should tell one part of the whole issue we see here in the form of high pricing on the 6700K.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Just now, Meet_Nomad said:

Can you translate all that so I can understand it easily? Its like i'm reading chinese :)

The price is high due to the fact that the 14nm process takes time and effort to produce the perfect product that Intel ensures. Causing the supply to be low and the demand to be high.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

2 minutes ago, techguru said:

anyone know if NCIX ships to venuzuela?

I see that NCIX is in Canada, so shipping will be even higher than from the US. Do I buy all the parts from NCIX and they build it and test for me? offer warranty? and then ship it here?

Motion Designer and 3D Generalist

My system specs: Ryzen 1700 - G. Skill Flare X 32GB - 2x EVGA 1070 SC - Windows 10 Home

2 minutes ago, Meet_Nomad said:

Can you translate all that so I can understand it easily? Its like i'm reading chinese :)

Here it is in your country's language:

Tenías razón en alta demanda y menor consumo de energía , pero te equivocaste en la escasez de los chips que van en el 6700K . Intel solamente poner un chip de escritorio de 14nm si cumple con su estricto control de calidad para los SKU específica y el 6700K SKU no ha tenido que muchos, como lo dijo The Motley Fool en el artículo en sí.

Translated via Google Translate. Some words may not be properly translated.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

1 minute ago, JurunceNK said:

Well yeah. Did you gloss over the article because if you took the time to read it, you would have seen one good point they brought up here:

So this should tell one part of the whole issue we see here in the form of high pricing on the 6700K.

Which is why the X99 platform is perfect. The 22nm process is not flawed, and X99 is cheap in comparison and a better product for content creation. 

I see that NCIX is in Canada, so shipping will be even higher than from the US. Do I buy all the parts from NCIX and they build it and test for me? offer warranty? and then ship it here?

what I would do is buy the parts from amazon or newegg..or w/e and then have someone local put it together for 50$

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Just now, JurunceNK said:

Here it is in your country's language:

Translated via Google Translate. Some words may not be properly translated.

Dude, I speak english, I didn't mean translate as in Language, I meant for people that don't know all the technical stuff to understand easily. Come on!

My system specs: Ryzen 1700 - G. Skill Flare X 32GB - 2x EVGA 1070 SC - Windows 10 Home

4 minutes ago, techguru said:

what I would do is buy the parts from amazon or newegg..or w/e and then have someone local put it together for 50$

Edit: oops - NCIX does NOT include Venezuela in their list of 52 countries to which they ship.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Dude, I speak english, I didn't mean translate as in Language, I meant for people that don't know all the technical stuff to understand easily. Come on!

Oh derp. Thanks for calling me out on that.

RIGZ

Spoiler

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

QUOTES

Spoiler

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

3 minutes ago, techguru said:

Would you trust someone you don't know with all the parts you buy Online? with no guarantee or anything? I don't think so. I could ship the parts here and I could build the system myself, but like I said earlier, that means that if something arrives damaged, I would not be able to return it like you guys in Canada or the US do, I just can't.

And if by locally you mean someone here in my country, that doesn't solve anything cause I still have the same problem of shipping the parts separately here.

I believe HP sells in Venezuela. Have you taken a look to see if they offer anything that suits you? Dell and Lenova may also be options.

1 minute ago, brob said:

I believe HP sells in Venezuela. Have you taken a look to see if they offer anything that suits you? Dell and Lenova may also be options.

Oh god no. I don't think you can even get a 980ti in a Pre-Built.

11 minutes ago, Meet_Nomad said:

Would you trust someone you don't know with all the parts you buy Online? with no guarantee or anything? I don't think so. I could ship the parts here and I could build the system myself, but like I said earlier, that means that if something arrives damaged, I would not be able to return it like you guys in Canada or the US do, I just can't.

And if by locally you mean someone here in my country, that doesn't solve anything cause I still have the same problem of shipping the parts separately here.

cheaper..and you get better quality parts

how come you couldn't return it if a part is bad?

there is warranty on everything for atleast a year

2 minutes ago, brob said:

Hmmm, just did a quick scan of the HP website for Venezuela, and no. Only laptops and desktop all-in-ones

26 minutes ago, Meet_Nomad said:

Okay I will highlight bits of my quote here in different colors and I will give an explanation. 

29 minutes ago, JurunceNK said:

Intel will only put a 14nm desktop chip if it meets their strict quality control for specific SKUs, and the 6700K SKU hasn't had that many, like what The Motley Fool said in the article per se.

This means that Intel will only bin specific chips if it hits those power/performance goals for specific SKUs (namely the 6700K since it is as of now, notorious for its high retail price and low yields). If it doesn't hit those power/performance targets, then it will be binned as a different Skylake SKU.

This one chip, like what I said, is notorious for the high retail price it commands (Normally $419.99 USD)! It literally costs more than my 900D computer case (which I paid $323.99 USD). If the 14nm yields hits the 6700K's power/performance requirements more consistently and there are enough to fulfill demand (because quite honestly who gives a shit about satisfying at this point?), then the 6700K would be going for the usual $349.99 USD.

This is where I cited this information. And they covered this issue pretty well and have brought up some good talking points to this whole thing.

RIGZ

Spoiler

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

QUOTES

Spoiler

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

1 minute ago, connorpiper said:

Oh god no. I don't think you can even get a 980ti in a Pre-Built.

Maybe, maybe not. But one can always buy a system without a video card and add the gpu. One just has to make sure that the psu is good enough and there is sufficient room in the case. HP does make workstations.

Hmmm, just did a quick scan of the HP website for Venezuela, and no. Only laptops and desktop all-in-ones

Well the list in the OP is nothing more than a desktop with a lot of memory and a high-end gpu. I am not suggesting that this is the route to go, but I do think it should be explored. Don't just go by what you see on the web site. An email or phone call may produce different results.

Just now, techguru said:

cheaper..and you get better quality parts

how come you couldn't return it if a part is bad?

there is warranty on everything for atleast a year

Again, it's just the International Shipping issue. For example, I CAN'T make an order on Amazon and have that delivered to my front door, it's just not possible. Same thing for everything online. I have to order from Amazon and have it delivered to a company that offers the service to transport the product to my country and then go to one of their offices and pick it up. So, I have to pay Amazon for shipping to the company in the US, then the company for shipping the product to my country. 

It's a very annoying process. So imagine that I have to return something. Oh and by the way, this process usually takes 2-3 weeks, therefore returning is just not a good option.

5 minutes ago, JurunceNK said:

Okay I will highlight bits of my quote here in different colors and I will give an explanation. 

This means that Intel will only bin specific chips if it hits those power/performance goals for specific SKUs (namely the 6700K since it is as of now, notorious for its high retail price and low yields). If it doesn't hit those power/performance targets, then it will be binned as a different Skylake SKU.

This one chip, like what I said, is notorious for the high retail price it commands (Normally $419.99 USD)! It literally costs more than my 900D computer case (which I paid $323.99 USD). If the 14nm yields hits the 6700K's power/performance requirements more consistently and there are enough to fulfill demand (because quite honestly who gives a shit about satisfying at this point?), then the 6700K would be going for the usual $349.99 USD.

This is where I cited this information. And they covered this issue pretty well and have brought up some good talking points to this whole thing.

So you are saying that the i7 is overpriced for its performance? i'm assuming you recommend a Xeon based system then because the price/performance is better?

So you are saying that the i7 is overpriced for its performance? i'm assuming you recommend a Xeon based system then because the price/performance is better?

As of now yes. If you decide to build your system later on, then expect the 6700K to come back down to the original retail price of $349.99 USD. Then the 6700K will become a more sensible option by then. But for workstations I would still go for the Xeon chip since they're more stable and are really just intended for workstations and servers where downtime will cost you lots and lots of money.

RIGZ

Spoiler

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

QUOTES

Spoiler

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

7 minutes ago, Meet_Nomad said:

Again, it's just the International Shipping issue. For example, I CAN'T make an order on Amazon and have that delivered to my front door, it's just not possible. Same thing for everything online. I have to order from Amazon and have it delivered to a company that offers the service to transport the product to my country and then go to one of their offices and pick it up. So, I have to pay Amazon for shipping to the company in the US, then the company for shipping the product to my country. 

It's a very annoying process. So imagine that I have to return something. Oh and by the way, this process usually takes 2-3 weeks, therefore returning is just not a good option.

try this

there is services where they will ship it to you for a small fee

amazon and newegg do free shiping to most places in the usa...you can then have the other shipping company send you the package right to you for like cheap

https://www.shipito.com/usa-address-mail-forwarding

http://calculator.shipito.com/en/#/

Just now, brob said:

hp is garbage and no one who knows something about pcs would recommend them (tho some of the monitors are pretty good..not made by hp tho)

3 minutes ago, techguru said:

hp is garbage and no one who knows something about pcs would recommend them (tho some of the monitors are pretty good..not made by hp tho)

HP are not garbage. They make some very reliable equipment. But that is actually beside the point. If someone can acquire a system locally with a local warranty and support the system is far, far better than one which has to be shipped several thousand miles using two different shippers which has no local support or warranty.

2 minutes ago, techguru said:

Looking at the system I posted at the beginning, can you tell me what you think? I use Octane Render so the GPU is a big plus for me, but as far as everything else for a motion graphics and video editing rig, how would you rate it?

UPDATE!

I've updated the build according to some of the suggestions discussed here. Anyone that can take a quick look and give me some feedback please? I really appreciate it!

Xidax Builds Comparison - Sheet1.pdf