Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X vs Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce

Bit8xPr0
1 hour ago, Bit8xPr0 said:

Dying Light max settings doesn't go above 80 on VRM 1 and 70 on VRm 2

Nice dude! Dying light is such an awesome game and very well optimized on PC. Wish more people would play it

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

53 minutes ago, afyeung said:

Nice dude! Dying light is such an awesome game and very well optimized on PC. Wish more people would play it

Totally, they did amazing with it. Looks gorgeous, though that's probably the best looking game I've played. I haven't really witnessed "good looking" games in comparison so I wouldn't actually know how well it fairs compared to other things.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

13 hours ago, Bit8xPr0 said:

Totally, they did amazing with it. Looks gorgeous, though that's probably the best looking game I've played. I haven't really witnessed "good looking" games in comparison so I wouldn't actually know how well it fairs compared to other things.

I've played a lot of "good looking" games, and Dying Light really stands out. The atmosphere is done really well and the attention to detail is very nice. Textures overall are very sharp which is a nice addition. Animations for the most part are also extremely good. This is what I would consider a good looking game.  The only thing I would really want changed, is from FXAA to SMAA(which is on consoles but not PC unfortunately), they ruined a beautiful game with bad AA. Also, the water textures are just atrocious, not such a big deal, but I cringe every time I have to look at the water. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

8 hours ago, afyeung said:

I've played a lot of "good looking" games, and Dying Light really stands out. The atmosphere is done really well and the attention to detail is very nice. Textures overall are very sharp which is a nice addition. Animations for the most part are also extremely good. This is what I would consider a good looking game.  The only thing I would really want changed, is from FXAA to SMAA(which is on consoles but not PC unfortunately), they ruined a beautiful game with bad AA. Also, the water textures are just atrocious, not such a big deal, but I cringe every time I have to look at the water. 

Really, I thought the water was one of the cool details. One major thing I'd change is the variety in zombies, they all seem the same to me.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10