Video Editing - Making a "Template"

Go to solution Solved by Flight1sim,

Personally I make a separate project with just the timeline (no video) with the elements on it. Then I make multiple copies of it and open one of them and save as new and put the video in. 

I started making YouTube videos again, and re-discovered a problem I never did solve:

How do you create/save a "template" to keep things consistent?  For example, watermark size and location, intro and outro, lower third, etc.

I'm using Premiere Elements; do the more expensive solutions have features that would assist with this, or does everyone have to re-create all of there elements in every video?

"Waddle over to the elevator and we'll continue the testing." - GLaDOS, Portal 2

Primary System: Lenovo ThinkPad Edge e540, upgraded with 16GB Kingston RAM & Intel 520 240GB SSD

Personally I make a separate project with just the timeline (no video) with the elements on it. Then I make multiple copies of it and open one of them and save as new and put the video in. 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

7 minutes ago, thedigitaldoctor said:

I started making YouTube videos again, and re-discovered a problem I never did solve:

How do you create/save a "template" to keep things consistent?  For example, watermark size and location, intro and outro, lower third, etc.

I'm using Premiere Elements; do the more expensive solutions have features that would assist with this, or does everyone have to re-create all of there elements in every video?

What I do for my Intro, I make one sequence and then export it. Then I import it back when I make my videos again.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

i have separate videos for intro and outro

then i just import them when editing a project and place them at the start and end, and then render

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just stay with the timeline with your intro, outro and logo and then make another timeline (in the same project) with the actual video, (and obviously copy the intro, water mark into the new timeline)

Specs ---->

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4790k  Motherboard: GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK RAM: 2x8Gb DDR3 2400 Corsair Vengance GPU: RX 580 Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ring SSD: Vertex4 60Gb PSU: XFX XT600 Storage: #HDD1: WD Blue 1TB #HDD2: WD Green 2TB OS: Windows 10 home

52 minutes ago, Flight1sim said:

Not sure how I didn't think of this; does exactly what I need it to do.  Many thanks!

"Waddle over to the elevator and we'll continue the testing." - GLaDOS, Portal 2

Primary System: Lenovo ThinkPad Edge e540, upgraded with 16GB Kingston RAM & Intel 520 240GB SSD

Hey there,

I see that you have a couple of suggestions already, but I wanted to recommend taking advantage of the Dynamic Link feature (which should work with Elements)

How:

Make a project file to keep your intro and outro. Create them in their respective timelines (sequences). Then when you are working on a new project, you can then just import the .pproj (or whatever Elements files are called) and you should be able to import a specific sequence.

Why?:

This will allow you to keep a safe reference file that'll never get disturbed or accidentally changed. You'll also be able to make quick updates to the original project file that will/should auto update all the other projects. This strategy is highly useful if you ever use something like after effects in the future, because you won't have to constantly rerender when updates are made.

4 hours ago, powdered_water said:

Hey there,

I see that you have a couple of suggestions already, but I wanted to recommend taking advantage of the Dynamic Link feature (which should work with Elements)

*snip*

I'll have to check this out this weekend.  I'll update here with how it goes with Elements.