The Driver of Death!

Loe

So I got my parts today and decided to build it. And at the end I kind of gave up on the cable management after many problems.

Also sorry there aren't many pictures, most were out of focus so I could upload them but they are terrible quality.

I shall only post the pictures I managed to salvage and or took after on my phone.

Here is my explanation of the title, the wifi card's driver and the card in general broke my windows multiple times, so I am no longer on 8 pro but on 7 after 3 installations. So yeah . . . that is back in the box and an email has been sent.

Anyways, cringeworthy picture time!

• Everyone is all together

QeaMGTch.jpg

• Time for the vanity shots.

jVGuYYQh.jpg

JDiriwAh.jpg

m2NUQfGh.jpg

• The all important stock heatsink

GRmkjb4h.jpg

• Completion picture taken after removing wifi card

Time for new and improved cable management!

NWau7ND.jpg

fKRqyei.jpgb7F0BlX.jpg

4r8vl6Lh.jpg

dpq1SYB.jpg

2ju8kvF.jpg

Uw6NpTx.jpg

ZaVGEYj.jpg

KFwhX7o.jpg

5b1LPSj.jpg

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

Res for rants I have to post and such

Here is the pcpartpicker list for prices http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/FoW

RANT TIME

1. Alright time to rant, the case is terrible for building in, (in my opinion). In order to fit in my motherboard I had to remove my PSU and optical drive, which is just effort.
  2. PSU. The cables are just too stiff and are really difficult to work with, especially with the lack of cable management room.
  3. Wifi Card. As I mentioned earlier it broke everything so yeah . . .
  4. Anyways this took me way too long to build but hey, minecraft actually runs now. Haven't touched anything else yet.
  • Here is a picture of the ram from pcpartpicker, with a nice black pcb, in reality it is green so yeah . . .dhUsXrx.png

I do plan on buying a new case (maybe) at after Christmas when I get my graphics card, considering the 350d at the moment but Fractal has some cases coming out which I like.

Not bad. What is the main use of the rig?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

*Shudders* brown PCB...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

4kL2C.jpg

A_BJ2SbCIAAmXSx.jpg

Dem cables

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

Never give up on cables.

Cable management is life.

d4444971144368a5f56b7ced5c5b7b68.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

no video card?, what are you going to use this machine for?

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

4kL2C.jpg

A_BJ2SbCIAAmXSx.jpg

Dem cables

It is an improvement from before

AuCPM7S.jpg

Not bad. What is the main use of the rig?

Crashing really at the moment, just progressively upgrading for light gaming and schoolwork.

Those socks :o

I can confirm that those are socks.

*Shudders* brown PCB...

I'm surprised out of everything that is what you focused on but hey.

Never give up on cables.

Cable management is life.

d4444971144368a5f56b7ced5c5b7b68.png

I will redo them later when I get a video card. Or just burn everything to the ground in a fit of rage.

no video card?, what are you going to use this machine for?

Very very very light gaming and schoolwork until I buy a video card.

*Shudders* brown PCB...

Also is it bad I never noticed until you pointed it out?

Also is it bad I never noticed until you pointed it out?

It's very bad...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

It's very bad...

I'm sorry I let you down.

I'm sorry I let you down.

Its okay... :)

If you do it once more, I will kill your PC. ;)

yay it happenend! your computer thingy! However fix your cables Yo,  Lowe.

That sounds like effort and something I already posted earlier ;)

That sounds like effort and something I already posted earlier ;)

I know. However alcohol and forgeting things. It is friday, so let be me.

I know. However alcohol and forgeting things. It is friday, so let be me.

Ah alcohol, if it means anything I just squashed the side panel on so it is heavily bowed then went and ate tea.

Ah alcohol, if it means anything I just squashed the side panel on so it is heavily bowed then went and ate tea.

You eat tea?

You eat tea?

Tea = supper

Yes.

Tea = supper

Yes.

Meh, okay.

So I got my parts today and decided to build it. And at the end I kind of gave up on the cable management after many problems.

Also sorry there aren't many pictures, most were out of focus so I could upload them but they are terrible quality.

I shall only post the pictures I managed to salvage and or took after on my phone.

Here is my explanation of the title, the wifi card's driver and the card in general broke my windows multiple times, so I am no longer on 8 pro but on 7 after 3 installations. So yeah . . . that is back in the box and an email has been sent.

QeaMGTch.jpg
jVGuYYQh.jpg

JDiriwAh.jpg

m2NUQfGh.jpg

GRmkjb4h.jpg
SCGJzY4h.jpg
this is why I tell ppl to save their money Nd wait till they can get at least a 1200 build u will end up wasting more money than in the long run

System Specs~~~~~

Case-Corsair Air 540                                   CPU-i7 4770k                           Ram-Corsair Vengeance 16 Gbs    PSU-Corsair RM1000

Motherboard-Asus Maximus VI Formula    Graphics-Asus Gtx 780 Ti x2     CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i               SSDs-Corsair Force GS 128/360 Gb       

QeaMGTch.jpg
jVGuYYQh.jpg

JDiriwAh.jpg

m2NUQfGh.jpg

GRmkjb4h.jpg
SCGJzY4h.jpg
this is why I tell ppl to save their money Nd wait till they can get at least a 1200 build u will end up wasting more money than in the long run

System Specs~~~~~

Case-Corsair Air 540                                   CPU-i7 4770k                           Ram-Corsair Vengeance 16 Gbs    PSU-Corsair RM1000

Motherboard-Asus Maximus VI Formula    Graphics-Asus Gtx 780 Ti x2     CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i               SSDs-Corsair Force GS 128/360 Gb       

I would have bought the exact same stuff regardless.