Selecting text on mobile doesn't show the button to quote it

TomvanWijnen
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

The selective quoting functionality uses the mouseup event to know when you've selected text (and that appears to be the only way to do it), but that event isn't emitted when you select on mobile devices, so there's no way for the site to detect when you've selected text.

It would be nice if it were possible, but unfortunately it's not.

I see a feature of selecting text in posts, and then quoting that part has been added. A little problem, it doesn't work on my phone for me...

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

yeah, the android shortcut text select buttons (aka copy, paste, share, etc) are probably overlapping it, they could put the quote button under the text you have selected to fix this

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

1 hour ago, noisebomb44 said:

yeah, the android shortcut text select buttons (aka copy, paste, share, etc) are probably overlapping it, they could put the quote button under the text you have selected to fix this

No, they are at the top of the screen.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

The selective quoting functionality uses the mouseup event to know when you've selected text (and that appears to be the only way to do it), but that event isn't emitted when you select on mobile devices, so there's no way for the site to detect when you've selected text.

It would be nice if it were possible, but unfortunately it's not.

HTTP/2 203