Are these any sort of a "good deal" ?

mbryant

Need a laptop, video playback, minecraft (for GF because her laptop can't run it and we've wanted to play over LAN forever) light editing in premiere while I'm out of town away from my PC, only to put a video together, no rendering or exporting. Viewing spread sheets in chrome and a LOT of google drive use (I know that's not demanding). 

http://www.frys.com/product/8659050?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

http://www.frys.com/product/8303807?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG ( I can get this one from a pawn shop near me for $175)

http://www.amazon.com/F555LA-AB31-15-6-inch-Full-HD-Laptop-Windows/dp/B011KFQASE/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1454310046&sr=1-1

KATIE WALES

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

They all seem pretty good but a bit expensive for the performance. I'm not trying to sound fishy or whatever but I could sell you my Asus X551 for like 200$ on eBay. I'm about to list it up there since I need money for a GPU and other shit. Of course you don't have to buy it though lol. But an Asus X551 would be a good option on a better budget. You could get a new/refurbished one around $300

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

well out the ones youve listed id pick the lenovo t420 for sure... upgradable and prob. the best buildquality. 

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

2 hours ago, Minsekt said:

well out the ones youve listed id pick the lenovo t420 for sure... upgradable and prob. the best buildquality. 

yeah I went to a pawn shop yesterday and they had one like it there and the build quality was superb, I was very impressed. 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

10/10 for the Thinkpad, they are best laptop in my opinion and you will love everything about it. Great fucking laptop.

(this was written on my awesome Thinkpad t430)

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

On 2/1/2016 at 4:27 PM, legopc said:

10/10 for the Thinkpad, they are best laptop in my opinion and you will love everything about it. Great fucking laptop.

(this was written on my awesome Thinkpad t430)

is the aspect ration on your's weird? They just deployed one for my boss at our office and he said it feels off.. slightly taller than 16:9 almost 16:10