took out dvd drive will hole affect pc?

ClarmonkGaming

basically theres a big hole where my dvd druive used to be i took it out for cleaning and i dont wanna put it back in cause i dont use it 

1 minute ago, ClarmonkGaming said:

basically theres a big hole where my dvd druive used to be i took it out for cleaning and i dont wanna put it back in cause i dont use it 

No, your pc will get dustier tho due to the un-filtered hole.

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!

No except you may see faster dust accumulation though.

*edit

I was beaten to the punch.

Edited by SansVarnic
:P

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, A Guy Eating Cereal said:

No, your pc will get dustier tho due to the un-filtered hole.

ight thx and my fans on my corsiar h80i are really loud can i replace them with the bitfenix fans i have lying around they look like there a lot quieter  but the thing is the fans done connect like the corsair ones like theres a cord that comes from the block its plugged into my fan things on motb then on the other end of that theres a connctor for the corsair fans 

Just now, ClarmonkGaming said:

ight thx and my fans on my corsiar h80i are really loud can i replace them with the bitfenix fans i have lying around they look like there a lot quieter  but the thing is the fans done connect like the corsair ones like theres a cord that comes from the block its plugged into my fan things on motb then on the other end of that theres a connctor for the corsair fans 

You have lost me on the second part, Also how thick is the radiator (fin density) can you see through it or are there so many fins you cant see through it? 

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!

1 minute ago, ClarmonkGaming said:

Be more specific, how is the plugin different? If it is a 3 pin vs a 4 pin you should be fine. As long as your other fans are not to much thicker than the original ones you should fine.

add a photo if you can.

Also your English broke up really bad there, typos?

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, A Guy Eating Cereal said:

You have lost me on the second part, Also how thick is the radiator (fin density) can you see through it or are there so many fins you cant see through it? 

sorry for poor grammar and yea i cant see through it theirs tuns of fins Guide%20How%20to%20Install%20H100i%20Hyd

350x700px-LL-1410b04c_IMG_0834.jpeg

Thats what im talking about btw

2 minutes ago, ClarmonkGaming said:

sorry for poor grammar and yea i cant see through it theirs tuns of fins 

<snip>

Thats what im talking about btw

Pin count wont hurt anything. Just make sure you change the bios setting from pwm to voltage control.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

Pin count wont hurt anything. Just make sure you change the bios setting from pwm to voltage control.

no like the other fans wont connect intothe thing from my water cooler the connector is different theres a going out pin on the corsiar fans and a input thing on the other fans

3 minutes ago, ClarmonkGaming said:

no like the other fans wont connect intothe thing from my water cooler the connector is different theres a going out pin on the corsiar fans and a input thing on the other fans

Ok I'm lost. You not describing this to well. The pictures you posted look ok but if that's not what your talking about the post a pic of what you are.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

Ok I'm lost. You not describing this to well. The pictures you posted look ok but if that's not what your talking about the post a pic of what you are.

in the above pic with the hand the top one is going to the fans and bottom is a cord that plugs into the cooler the fans that i have  cant connect to the cooler so they will just run at full rpm i think bcz i have to plug them directly into my motherboard is that bad? like will it make more noise

38 minutes ago, ClarmonkGaming said:

in the above pic with the hand the top one is going to the fans and bottom is a cord that plugs into the cooler the fans that i have  cant connect to the cooler so they will just run at full rpm i think bcz i have to plug them directly into my motherboard is that bad? like will it make more noise

It will not run at full rpm if you select voltage control instead of pwm in your bios.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

12 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

It will not run at full rpm if you select voltage control instead of pwm in your bios.

interesting i will try this and see if it helps the question is will the h80i run if i bypass the was it connects the fans its still plugged in just not to the h80is fan controller

7 minutes ago, ClarmonkGaming said:

interesting i will try this and see if it helps the question is will the h80i run if i bypass the was it connects the fans its still plugged in just not to the h80is fan controller

As long as the pump and the fans are all plugged in properly, select the proper setting in your bios (3pin = voltage control, 4pin = pwm) you should be set to go.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

As long as the pump and the fans are all plugged in properly, select the proper setting in your bios (3pin = voltage control, 4pin = pwm) you should be set to go.

alright will do this is a noob question but do you think that the other fans will blow the same way as the corsairs ill just set em up how i had the corsairs 

1 hour ago, ClarmonkGaming said:

alright will do this is a noob question but do you think that the other fans will blow the same way as the corsairs ill just set em up how i had the corsairs 

each fan should have an arrow for direction of flow but you can plug them in to check before installing.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER