Gaming mouse under $100

MattCaruana

I am looking for a mouse under $100 for gaming and general use. My hands are quite large and mostly use a claw grip. I was looking at a deathadder or a mionix castor mostly. I will be playing fps mostly at low senseitivity. Thanks for your suggestions :) 

Mionix Castor is amazing

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

What games are you going to play?

If you are playing with low sensitivity and lifting your mouse a lot, avoid the G502. The Steelseries Rival 300, Zowie FK1, EC1-A are great mice for claw grip.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

4 minutes ago, Pandalf said:

What games are you going to play?

If you are playing with low sensitivity and lifting your mouse a lot, avoid the G502. The Steelseries Rival 300, Zowie FK1, EC1-A are great mice for claw grip.

you know its good to finally see a recommendation that isnt the g502 lol

op should also keep in mind the issue were they replaced the huanos for omrons and they are now going back to huanos : check here

http://zowie.benq.com/news/8/zowie-mice-recall-announcement

Corsair M65 is a good choice, with a dpi slower and 2 extra programmable buttons, not including the DPI adjusters.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

1 minute ago, xb0w said:

you know its good to finally see a recommendation that isnt the g502 lol

op should also keep in mind the issue were they replaced the huanos for omrons and they are now going back to huanos : check here

http://zowie.benq.com/news/8/zowie-mice-recall-announcement

Everyone with little to no experience with mice seems to recommend the G502 without asking OP the important questions.

Zowie is  pulling them from the market so he'll be able to get a replacement easily. I wonder how much will it take them to replace their whole lineup with the new (old) models with Huanos.

@MattCaruana If you decide to get Zowie, look for the older models. (they come in white boxes)

4 minutes ago, Pandalf said:

Everyone with little to no experience with mice seems to recommend the G502 without asking OP the important questions.

Zowie is  pulling them from the market so he'll be able to get a replacement easily. I wonder how much will it take them to replace their whole lineup with the new (old) models with Huanos.

@MattCaruana If you decide to get Zowie, look for the older models. (they come in white boxes)

Whats the differernce ? 

Just now, MattCaruana said:

Whats the differernce ? 

Between the new and old Zowies?

The new ones have Omron switches and it has been discovered that the shell causes double clicking issues, so they are reverting back to Huano switches, which were also used in their older models. Zowie, unlike other companies with faulty products, are doing a recall on all their refreshed mice.

Huano switches are a bit stiffer, harder to missclick with a more pronounced tactile feedback, while the Omrons are easier to spam. Steelseries are using their own swiches, which are very light and easy to spam.

I suggest watching this video. It will be easier to find a good mouse for your needs.

Plizz stop saying G502 it is heavy it's not a great fps mouse anyone should use for competetive fps gaming, if you only play casual and don't go that much up in the game then fine the g502 but you will have so many miss clicks with it. The best FPS mice that are out rigth now are for big hands:

Zowie EC1-A

Stealseries Rival 300

Razer Deathadder

for smaller hands the G303/G302 are really great.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

49 minutes ago, Pandalf said:

Between the new and old Zowies?

The new ones have Omron switches and it has been discovered that the shell causes double clicking issues, so they are reverting back to Huano switches, which were also used in their older models. Zowie, unlike other companies with faulty products, are doing a recall on all their refreshed mice.

Huano switches are a bit stiffer, harder to missclick with a more pronounced tactile feedback, while the Omrons are easier to spam. Steelseries are using their own swiches, which are very light and easy to spam.

I suggest watching this video. It will be easier to find a good mouse for your needs.

Well I am coming from a Deathadder that has the lights buttons to press on the market and there is so little difference between the deathadder and the older Zowie EC1-A when it comes to the buttons and the clicks.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Thanks for all the comments, I think I'll go with the zowie Fk1 or ec2a

I'm getting a G303, so I can't offer any product experience, but it seems to be a decent FPS mouse with a good sensor and feel.

And I'm basically steering clear of Razer products from now on. There will be a post about it but tl;dr they're unreliable and overpriced.

UNDER 100$? Rival 100 :)

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

considered by every reviewer so far the best gaming mouse ever... the castor by mionix is the way to go.. but if you need extra buttons than the g502 is the way to go

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM