$9 for Rise of the Tomb Raider (Windows Store)

WCCF Tech found a nice little feature of the Windows store!  You can change your reigion to Ukraine, and get ROTT for only $9!

On Windows 10, hit the Windows key to bring up the Start bar and type region. A few results will appear; click on region and language settings.

At this point, pick Ukraine as your region and click on this link to open the Windows Store Ukrainian page for Rise of the Tomb Raider.

You can now enter your credit card details as you normally would. Just make sure to also pick the same region you have previously chosen.

Enjoy this “deal”, as there’s no telling if and when Microsoft may choose to rectify the trick itself. The Windows Store version of Rise of the Tomb Raider is basically identical to the Steam, though a few differences have been reported – one is that the game apparently can only run at Full Screen Windowed Mode rather than Exclusive Full Screen; another is that it seems to use the Xbox One controller’s impulse triggers, unlike the Steam version.

Source: http://wccftech.com/rise-tomb-raider-9-windows-store/

Edited by GzeroD
Moderator's Note. Buying content from another region may result in the content being removed if reviewed by the store operator.

damn it, I bought this game about 5 hours ago. doesn't matter though since I would want it on steam either way

Keeps trying to open the Microsoft store app where is $53 any workarounds?

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

it brings up the page in Ukrainian and says to upgrade to windows 10 to get this game

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Worked but I wonder what microsoft will do when they realize what people did.  May remove game from inventor.

15 minutes ago, kierwest said:

Worked but I wonder what microsoft will do when they realize what people did.  May remove game from inventor.

you have windows 10?

Just now, kierwest said:

Yes I do. 

no wonder you got it. Do you think it can run on windows 7? My other laptop has windows 10 but my gaming pc has windows 7.

4 minutes ago, reapersivan said:

no wonder you got it. Do you think it can run on windows 7? My other laptop has windows 10 but my gaming pc has windows 7.

It's the new Windows 10 app store the deal is on.  I heard from other forums that it won't work on other OS's.  Buy it from your laptop, and then upgrade to 10 on your desktop. Basically, you can go to the website and click on the purchase button.  However, it forces the app store program to open instantly.  It seems that the APP store is now a requirement to purchase things.  Unfortunately, Windows 7 does not have the same access.    

2 minutes ago, kierwest said:

It's the new Windows 10 app store the deal is on.  I heard from other forums that it won't work on other OS's.  Buy it from your laptop, and then upgrade to 10 on your desktop. Basically, you can go to the website and click on the purchase button.  However, it forces the app store program to open instantly.  It seems that the APP store is now a requirement to purchase things.  Unfortunately, Windows 7 does not have the same access.    

That sucks

Guys when i open the ukranian link it works but when i click buy it opens up the normal store with my language. What should i do?

53 minutes ago, Crushaderdk said:

Guys when i open the ukranian link it works but when i click buy it opens up the normal store with my language. What should i do?

Did you set your region in your PC to Ukraine?

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Wow, 9$? Damn! But I thought Microsoft region lock games...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Yep, I can confirm that it worked for me. I'm downloading it now. I was going to hold off on this until a Steam sale. Damn. Kinda feel guilty now..

Worked for me as well :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

10 hours ago, kierwest said:

From my past experience of acquiring items from m$ in not so legitimate ways, they seem to bite the bullet and learn from there mistake and move on.

It worked for me.  But I got fraud alert from my bank.  Just FYI.  I supposed that's expected.

7 hours ago, reapersivan said:

does it only run and download with windows 10?

Why not just upgrade to 10?

I wonder if MS can remove access if they find out or anything...

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If bill gates is cutting us some slack , then why can you do that gabN ?

Y u do dis ?

(⌐■_■) 

4 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Why not just upgrade to 10?

I wonder if MS can remove access if they find out or anything...

I am very used to Windows 7 and I don't like 10.

Just now, reapersivan said:

I am very used to Windows 7 and I don't like 10.

Have you used it?, I honestly see no reason to stay with 7, and it will just become more and more annoying in the future when software and Microsoft stop supporting 7

I say just move on

from a usability standpoint, its basically the same to use

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii