Laptop for my needs - no budget, but looking for good value

ImInjured

I have a desktop I use for every day use but now I'm in school and want a laptop that I can take to class and also take home on the weekends (because I can't take my desktop home every weekend). 

I really want a laptop that:

• I can game with optimal settings on CS:GO
  • Has at least 16GB of ram
  • Has at least an i7 
  • Has an SSD
  • Is relatively slim and easy to carry

I don't have a budget, but I really like a good value. If anyone has any recommendations that would be lovely. 

Side note: I have a monitor at home that I would use to game, but it doesn't have HDMI, any solutions? I might just need to get a new monitor.

From my research I've found the following laptops, if you know anything about them feel free to comment your opinion.

Dell Inspirion - Only Downside is Low Ram and the i5

ASUS ROG - Are there any out there with similar specs at a lower price?

Sager NP7255 - I can upgrade it to 16GB ram and add an SSD for around $1300 total

Check around sites like iBUYPOWER. (I personally hate CyberPower PC, but some people love them.) With Superbowl and tax refunds being around the corner, those kinds of sites will have a lot of sales coming up soon, and offer customize-able options.

Check around sites like iBUYPOWER. (I personally hate CyberPower PC, but some people love them.) With Superbowl and tax refunds being around the corner, those kinds of sites will have a lot of sales coming up soon, and offer customize-able options.

Anything you'd recommend I keep an eye on? I like having recommendations so I have more confidence when making a purchase like this. I'm not good at making big purchases alone.

I have a desktop I use for every day use but now I'm in school and want a laptop that I can take to class and also take home on the weekends (because I can't take my desktop home every weekend). 

I really want a laptop that:

• I can game with optimal settings on CS:GO
  • Has at least 16GB of ram
  • Has at least an i7 
  • Has an SSD
  • Is relatively slim and easy to carry

I don't have a budget, but I really like a good value. If anyone has any recommendations that would be lovely. 

Side note: I have a monitor at home that I would use to game, but it doesn't have HDMI, any solutions? I might just need to get a new monitor.

From my research I've found the following laptops, if you know anything about them feel free to comment your opinion.

Dell Inspirion - Only Downside is Low Ram and the i5

ASUS ROG - Are there any out there with similar specs at a lower price?

Sager NP7255 - I can upgrade it to 16GB ram and add an SSD for around $1300 total

Get this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315164&cm_re=960m-_-34-315-164-_-Product

Then upgrade it with 8gb more ram and add your own ssd. itll be a lot cheaper that way 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Intresting, not a big fan of tearing apart a laptop though, any recommendations?

There is a model with 16gb and an SSD but its about 100 dollars overpriced, what do you think? 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Intresting, not a big fan of tearing apart a laptop though, any recommendations?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315130&cm_re=960m-_-34-315-164-_-Product

You could get that

There is a model with 16gb and an SSD but its about 100 dollars overpriced, what do you think? 

I'll do some research in how to upgrade a laptop like that and where to buy the parts, I'm not exactly sure but saving 100 dollars and doing it myself is something I'm interested in.

It's got better specs for around the same price as the ASUS I was looking at, thanks for that find.

wait actually, look what i just found 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834321437&cm_re=960m_SSD-_-34-321-437-_-Product

its a lot cheaper and comes with 16gb and an SSD and the same graphics card

Haha nice find!

Im typing a lenovo laptop right now :) (lenovo yoga) 

and i can tell you, lenovo makes great laptops. They have some of THE BEST laptop keyboards and are great in almost every aspect, the laptop is night the lightest but still very easy to carry around. The battery life is also not the best but its fine. 

Im typing a lenovo laptop right now :) (lenovo yoga) 

and i can tell you, lenovo makes great laptops. They have some of THE BEST laptop keyboards and are great in almost every aspect, the laptop is night the lightest but still very easy to carry around. The battery life is also not the best but its fine. 

Yeah my old laptop was a Toshiba and it's specs were decent but the durability was not. Thanks for your help

Yeah my old laptop was a Toshiba and it's specs were decent but the durability was not. Thanks for your help

No prob ;) thats why im on here all day lol 

snip

I would rather get this than the 7255. The 7258 is also a good choice, but the price becomes not as worth when you add all the extras in.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Gaming-Notebook-NP8657-S.html

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap