Calling all Appleistas

soup

Son is determined to get an iPad (yes I know not a good bang for the buck etc.  Managed to talk him out of an iMac got an AiO with a wireless deskset instead but he seems determined on this iPad).  I have basically shortened the potential list to the iPad Air and the iPad Air2 does anyone have any recomendations the Air is £80 cheaper than the Air2 but the Air2 has a later proccesor (A8X as oppossed to A7).  He is far from a power user so 16Gb should be enough and we will be going WiFi only no cellular connection, the fingerprint sensor and the barometer of the 2 have minimal impact so basically is the A8X £80 better than the A7. The thickness and weight difference is of no import,  Possibly the laminated display is important but I wouldn't imagine its a deal breaker

Does anyone have opinions on what to go for ?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Son is determined to get an iPad (yes I know not a good bang for the buck etc.  Managed to talk him out of an iMac got an AiO with a wireless deskset instead but he seems determined on this iPad).  I have basically shortened the potential list to the iPad Air and the iPad Air2 does anyone have any recomendations the Air is £80 cheaper than the Air2 but the Air2 has a later proccesor (A8X as oppossed to A7).  He is far from a power user so 16Gb should be enough and we will be going WiFi only no cellular connection, the fingerprint sensor and the barometer of the 2 have minimal impact so basically is the A8X £80 better than the A7. The thickness and weight difference is of no import,  Possibly the laminated display is important but I wouldn't imagine its a deal breaker

Get a good case and protect that expensive item.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Why not wait for the next iPad, rumoured to come out in march.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Don't buy an iPad. It's not like how everyone says it is.

Honestly I became more happy when i sold mine and FYI 16GB is not enough.

Buy him a $200-400 Windows Tablet which is somewhat good.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Well iPads have iOS applications.

At least stopping him to get a mac was great.

^Good parenting done well.

Don't buy an iPad. It's not like how everyone says it is.

Honestly I became more happy when i sold mine and FYI 16GB is not enough.

Different people have different uses for it, you might regret it but from what i have seen, you ain't Apple's target audience.

So i think it's safe to say that it is for his son to decide.

Different people have different uses for it, you might regret it but from what i have seen, you ain't Apple's target audience.

So i think it's safe to say that it is for his son to decide.

At least not 16GB pls. Buy him a 64gb or don't buy him one at all.

EDIT:

Of course i'm not apple's demographic:

"Apple products are for Rich White Girls and were designed to be put on their desk and never used".

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

At least not 16GB pls. Buy him a 64gb or don't buy him one at all.

That i agree, having a 16GB iPhone is already murdering my ass.

16GB iPad? More than just my ass.

That i agree, having a 16GB iPhone is already murdering my ass.

16GB iPad? More than just my ass.

Look again at my post xD

Get a cheap Android

It does the same thing. Plays youtube and flappy bird

Check Apple's refurbs if you're set on an iPad. That's the only way I'd buy an Apple product.

Don't buy an iPad.

I have tried talking him out of an iPad he is determined.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

I have tried talking him out of an iPad he is determined.

Well as many youtubers says a tablet over 100$ is really just a big fail. Most people use a tablet for mail, youtube, netflix and maybe some few mobile games.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.