How excited are you for the 9000 series and why?

Camsung

Not for my current rig as I just got another 7870, but might consider it if I build another rig in the next year or two.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

No one is more excited than @CoolBeans

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I think it's gonna be a higher number than the 8000 series which is epic.

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

My excitment level, ITS OVER 9000!

Agreed! MY BODY IS READY!!!

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I can't wait! but by the time i need a new graphics card nvidia will have hopefully came out with maxwell that's better than 9000.

the reason i want nvidia is because i want to get an nvidia shield also i want a reference maxwell card for a full-cover waterblock support 

God no, I heard that only high end models like current 7970, 7950, or 7870 will have upgraded GCN 2.0 the rest is just improved versions of current chips. It is a bad rumor for gamer who never went on high end PC.

If this is true I will switch to Nvidia, hopefully to 850 or 850Ti.      

Excited to see if the rumors of the 9000 series cards will be true. If my 7970 just up and dies on me I might seriously consider the new card if/when it is released.

I'm excited: |...

...| this-a-much. But not excited as I am about maxwell. Still, can't wait for AMD to swing a few punches again.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

I'm excited for the 9990 because it will surely be a beast of a card, and the name is just epic. Can't really get more nerdy and high end than "9990".

But I'm actually an Nvidia user, and from the looks of it, I probably won't be able to afford a dual-GPU card within the next decade. I'll just wait for the GTX 870, hopefully there will be a Remington edition.

I'm excited for the 9990 because it will surely be a beast of a card, and the name is just epic. Can't really get more nerdy and high end than "9990".

But I'm actually an Nvidia user, and from the looks of it, I probably won't be able to afford a dual-GPU card within the next decade. I'll just wait for the GTX 870, hopefully there will be a Remington edition.

I don't think I can wait for Maxwell. If it's released before the 9990 then I will though. Otherwise it's 9990 or nothing for me...

Oh, by the way, even more nerdy, 9999. A limited edition card or something

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I can't wait like a kid before christmas!

im going for the 9970 to replace my 560ti.

I've always been a ATI guy but i got that 560ti cheap so getting back to the good old ATI cards is something i can't wait for. 

I can't wait! but by the time i need a new graphics card nvidia will have hopefully came out with maxwell that's better than 9000.

the reason i want nvidia is because i want to get an nvidia shield also i want a reference maxwell card for a full-cover waterblock support 

Get PSP for handheld. Sheild is junk because why turn your powerful PC with mouse and keyboard into a consolized POS for $300. Shield is a gimmick.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 OCed, HD 7850, LG 27EA33 1080P IPS, 4GB ram

God no, I heard that only high end models like current 7970, 7950, or 7870 will have upgraded GCN 2.0 the rest is just improved versions of current chips. It is a bad rumor for gamer who never went on high end PC.

If this is true I will switch to Nvidia, hopefully to 850 or 850Ti.      

Why would you be mad at AMD if they released on new high end cards and just refreshed the mid range ? If you had around $200 that the 850ti would presumably cost then you would just get an HD 7950 high end card for the same money.

Nothing offers more value than an HD 7950 and it's out right now so who really cares about HD 9xxx series unless you have a top end system which is like nobody it seems.

I'm excited because the prices of the 7000 series will drop even more

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

I'm excited because the prices of the 7000 series will drop even more

Not likely as vendors still need to turn a profit on the HD 7xxx series and the prices are already extremely low.

Why would you be mad at AMD if they released on new high end cards and just refreshed the mid range ? If you had around $200 that the 850ti would presumably cost then you would just get an HD 7950 high end card for the same money.

Any GPU more than middle low graphic card like 650Ti or 7790 will hurt my power bill, even if 7990 are given for free I won't take it cos I will not be able to pay my monthly bill.

I am still collage student that needs to pay my own power bill.

Any GPU more than middle low graphic card like 650Ti or 7790 will hurt my power bill, even if 7990 are given for free I won't take it cos I will not be able to pay my monthly bill.

I am still collage student that needs to pay my own power bill.

If that's the case then you should not be playing on a PC at all. Get a tablet or handheld. Also it won't hurt your power bill at all in fact you won't even notice the difference unless you are bit coin mining 24/7 to be honest.

Only reason I'm excited is because it may mean a price drop from Nvidia so I can get a second 780 for SLi :)

go EK and you don't have to get reference, if you get a popular non-reference like a lightning or a classified, it will be supported