Which GTX 780 Should I Get?

CoCoisConfused

Which 780 

EVGA http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130918

or

Asus http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121779

I would go for the Msi Lightning but I don't like the black and yellow color scheme.

I will be doing a red and black color scheme build some time in 2014 but if I go EVGA I would

have a friend paint it (He's not a amature)

post-22496-0-87072600-1378421677.jpg

post-22496-0-66087300-1378421680.jpg

PC Specs  Case: Corsair 760T  CPU: i7 4790k @4.0GHz And Cooled By The H100i  Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero GPU: EVGA GTX 980 KINGPIN 4GB  RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB  SSD128 Boot Drive  HDD: 1TB WD 7200RPM  PSU:  750w Corsair RM  OS: Windows 8.1 (64bit)

Wait for the 9xxx series from AMD if you are going to buy it in 2014...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I'm going to buy in October

PC Specs  Case: Corsair 760T  CPU: i7 4790k @4.0GHz And Cooled By The H100i  Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero GPU: EVGA GTX 980 KINGPIN 4GB  RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB  SSD128 Boot Drive  HDD: 1TB WD 7200RPM  PSU:  750w Corsair RM  OS: Windows 8.1 (64bit)

Cheapest one that doesn't have the stock cooler.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The 9000 series is coming out in 2014?

The 9000 series is coming out in 2014?

They get revealed this month and will probably be released before the end of the year. Maxwell from Nvidia will probably be out by Q2 2014.

I will be doing a red and black color scheme build some time in 2014

I'm going to buy in October

What? Buying in October, building in 2014? Wtf?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

What? Buying in October, building in 2014? Wtf?

I'm buying it to put in the computer I have now but when I build my next computer its going in there

I'm buying it to put in the computer I have now but when I build my next computer its going in there

Uh, well, buy the R9 cards when they come out.

Uh, well, buy the R9 cards when they come out.

Maybe I'll be looking at them when they come out

Maybe I'll be looking at them when they come out

Should be sometime in October. :)

Please, buy the onle you like the most. the difference between them would be verry small

You wouldn't notice the performance/heat/noise difference. Ever

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Should be sometime in October. :)

I'll have my eye on them :)

They get revealed this month and will probably be released before the end of the year. Maxwell from Nvidia will probably be out by Q2 2014.

Wait i thought maxwell was the step up from haswell..

I am a happy wuffy

I have the Asus card. Its amazing, runs no hotter than 70C at 1241mhz OC @ 50% fan speed.

Wait i thought maxwell was the step up from haswell..

No, Maxwell is Nvidia's next architecture. Haswell is Intel's current architecture. After Haswell comes Broadwell.

The one you think is most aesthetically pleasing to you

WHAT HAPPENED TO WAITING FOR 9xxx

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

WHAT HAPPENED TO WAITING FOR 9xxx

It was taken as spam, and now I must refrane from saying it :(

Ouch.

Lol

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

That sucks :(