Corsair H80i and H100i led and other issues

Hi guys,

I want to buy a Corsair hydro cooler (either h80i or h100i) and after going through the comments of users experiencing the issues with led of the block and the fan whine,I'm pretty much confused.

So want to ask you guys who got h80i or experience with it to share your comments

Thanks in advance

I didn't try to make any changes to the block LED on my H80i or my H100i, but I didn't encountere any particular issues with it. As for the fan whining, sometimes it happens with certain types/brands/models of fans. It's a bit of a trial an error thing. I have seen this issue many times in the past even on simple voltage switch fan controls built into some cases :(

I'm not aware of a particular issue with the H80i and H100i wrt fan whining, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are some fans that don't work perfectly with them.

The fans on the h80i are sooooo loud even on low rpm and allso theres a thing with the h80i and h100i where on some mobos the cooler dose not even touch the cpu its self. so see if anyone elce is having that problem with the mobo you use

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

So the LED issues directly related to the hardware or the firmware thing ?(since some users said that their LED's stopped working one after another after their firmware update) and other mentioned that they didn't ever used the link software,just let their LED's to be white and even then the LED's dies one after the other.

It's all a firmware problem that corsair says theyre working on, but for me the stock fans whine when i plug them into the waterblock controller on firmware 1.04. Plugging fans into mobo controllers works fine though.

With the stock fans my h100i whines like a little girl. I would defiantly recommend changing the stock fans out with something else. I also have problems with changing the LED colours; the block itself will make weird clicking noises similar to a hard drive on it's last legs. Apparently the firmware update was supposed to have fixed this and various other issues but it has not for me and many others. Corsair have since taken down the update from the website because of reports that it had bricked users units. From my experience I wouldn't really recommend buying this to be honest, I've had problems from day 1.

CPU: i5 2500k @4.3GHz  |  Cooler: Corsair H100i | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz | GPU: Asus DC2 GTX 570 | Mobo: Asus P8P67 EVO | Case: Corsair Carbide 500r | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Agility 3 | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green| OS: Windows 7/OSX Mavericks (Hackintosh) | Monitor: LG EA63V x2 Soundcard: Fiio E10 | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (browns) | Mouse: Corsair M40