Budget Mini Gaming PC - Jonsbo U3, i5 4460, GTX 950

randy hutajulu

maybe this isn't a very interesting build. This is my first client build and he's quite impressed by this PC.

How about the cost? yea.. to be honest, everything is more expensive in my country, this build is cost around $724. but, i'm sure u can get cheaper than this depends on where u live.

this PC has some function such as casual CAD, sketchup, and corel works, and, gaming. he's not using a monitor for this PC, he's using his 46 inch 1080p TV in his living room to do all of these tasks. he also doesn't plan to overclock it (because he doesn't understand how to and why to) so this PC is more like a "plug and play" style such as console.

so, since it will be placed at living room, i need a quite small and also good looking case but still affordable. my first plan was using Raijintek Metis. the case was available, but, it's so hard to find an affordable mini ITX motherboard here. i tried my best to get it but i couldn't find one. so, i decided to go with mATX board and try to get the smallest case possible (and also available), and.. i ended up with Jonsbo U3. damn.. this is a quite good case for the price.

ok, enough for the talking, here's the spec:

i5 4460

Gigabyte H97M-D3H

Team DDR3 2x4 GB (8GB)

Galax Geforce GTX 950 OC (single fan)

Jonsbo U3 silver - windowed

Seasonic M12 520W bronze fully modular

1 TB seagate Baracuda

D-link wi-fi PCIe

and, here are the pictures

post-121573-0-39105800-1453836536_thumb.

post-121573-0-56663100-1453836568_thumb.

post-121573-0-81602900-1453836590_thumb.

post-121573-0-27912300-1453836615_thumb.

post-121573-0-21965200-1453836646_thumb.

post-121573-0-29470300-1453836668_thumb.

post-121573-0-33284200-1453836709_thumb.

post-121573-0-02934600-1453836724_thumb.

post-121573-0-84069800-1453836742_thumb.

post-121573-0-00153000-1453836766_thumb.

post-121573-0-37729100-1453836781_thumb.

post-121573-0-84069800-1453836742_thumb.

ok, i'm so sorry if u're disturbed by the plastic window cover, he (my client) want to take it off by himself. that was his request hahaha...

please, gimme some comments, feel free to share here, maybe i can get more ideas from u guys for my next client builds, i still have a lot of thing to learn from u, especially for how to combine PC parts for the best "bang for your buck"

thank u so much

best regards..

post-121573-0-39135700-1453836796_thumb.

Nice build. Needs more SSD though. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Could have gone i3 + 380 :P

950 has HDMI 2.0 if the client ever decides to upgrade to 4K TV, it's a good decision imo. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Could have gone i3 + 380 :P

ahaha.. yea. but, he needs the i5 for an "easier" CAD and Sketchup operation sir. i3 won't be a good idea.

Nice build. Needs more SSD though. 

yep, i've told him to get SSD for his first upgrade. the budget was so tight back there hehehe

Gotta get that case for my next build...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

950 has HDMI 2.0 if the client ever decides to upgrade to 4K TV, it's a good decision imo. 

eh? really? i didn't notice that. hhmm.. that will be a very helpful information. thank u so much sir

the only draw back on this case is.. there's  almost no room for your cable management. but, overall, this is a good case. good looking, good quality, and also good price

Define Nano S looks pretty good too.

Spoiler

but if u want to have a cheap aluminum case, this can be a good choice sir. 

ahaha.. yea. but, he needs the i5 for an "easier" CAD and Sketchup operation sir. i3 won't be a good idea.

yep, i've told him to get SSD for his first upgrade. the budget was so tight back there hehehe

I didn't know what it was going to be used for... whups.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Plus, define nano S is a mini ITX...while this is Micro ATX...

yup, it looks pretty slick too 

Spoiler

Plus, define nano S is a mini ITX...while this is Micro ATX...

maybe u can try raijintek metis, that was my first plan for the case, but yea.. i couldn't get any mini ITX motherboard back there

yup, it looks pretty slick too 

agree.. but, u'll find some sharp edges, they didn't do very good on finishing. but still, what can u expect for that price

agree.. but, u'll find some sharp edges, they didn't do very good on finishing. but still, what can u expect for that price

how much was it for you?

In Britain, I may as well buy 2 1tb wd blues and have them in raid 1 instead of buying a smaller case for my current server...it's primarily used for hosting TS servers and CSGO but since it has a i5 2300 and a 560 in it (old GPU and mobo) it's also my "lan parties with friends" PC...

how much was it for you?

In Britain, I may as well buy 2 1tb wd blues and have them in raid 1 instead of buying a smaller case for my current server...it's primarily used for hosting TS servers and CSGO but since it has a i5 2300 and a 560 in it (old GPU and mobo) it's also my "lan parties with friends" PC...

It was around $724. Everything is a lot more expensive here. U need to spend around $830 for a reference GTX 980 Ti here.

I really want to try the Metis' bigger brother the Styx to upgrade from my prodigy m....

Ok pulling the plastic of is oh so good

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

I really want to try the Metis' bigger brother the Styx to upgrade from my prodigy m....

Ok pulling the plastic of is oh so good

Woooowwww... Damn! This is a very cool case. I really hope that this case was available when i build this PC. Hmmm.. i think i'll use it for my next build.

Thx sir

Woooowwww... Damn! This is a very cool case. I really hope that this case was available when i build this PC. Hmmm.. i think i'll use it for my next build.

Thx sir

it's like Lian Li and Bit Fenix had a beautiful baby 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

it's like Lian Li and Bit Fenix had a beautiful baby 

ahahaha.. you're right. lian li always have a problem with efficiency and bitfenix always have a problem with material. 

raijintek is kinda solve them with their ways hahhaa.. not so efficient but not so bad too, and has a good material combination.