Xeon e5-2667 v3 ES compatible mobos?

Strom

Does someone knoe ehat mobos work with E5-2667 V3 ES? Also you can tell other LGA2011-3 ES chips that you have used and also tell ehat mobo did you use? Please dont tell that i shouldn't buy ES chip. Thanks (:

I'm Linus too. (:

pretty much all the X99 mobos support the Xeon without any BIOS update

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

pretty much all the X99 mobos support the Xeon without any BIOS update

I've heard that some ES xeons are a bit picky with mobos. But those were old xeons so i'm not sure avout newer ones.

I'm Linus too. (:

I've heard that some ES xeons are a bit picky with mobos. But those were old xeons so i'm not sure avout newer ones.

you could check the supported CPU list from the mobo you are looking at

ES are no different from the normal version

only they might be slightly binned for testing and reviews

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

you could check the supported CPU list from the mobo you are looking at

ES are no different from the normal version

only they might be slightly binned for testing and reviews

I saw an article about lga2011-3 ES xeons and it seems like all MSI and Asus mobos work with no problems (: That means i got e5-2667v3 for 1500€ under normal price!

I'm Linus too. (:

Check the stepping code on the chip and see if you can find the stepping listed on the support site for the board. For Intel it is letter/num e.g. D0, C1, C0 etc.

Check the stepping code on the chip and see if you can find the stepping listed on the support site for the board. For Intel it is letter/num e.g. D0, C1, C0 etc.

It says that stepping code is R2 that works and that ES has SR203 so it should work because the S means stepping code or does it?

I'm Linus too. (:

It says that stepping code is R2 that works and that ES has SR203 so it should work because the S means stepping code or does it?

R2 is indeed the stepping of that CPU. will work with x99, R2 is the release stepping of the i7/xeons. 

• 6 months later...

Sorry for bumping up this old topic, but I actually got exactly the same question, only then with my:   Gigabyte X99-SLI mainboard.

The cpu is on the support list. but the stepping is different (there's an ad for a stepping 1 model) .. any chance it still might work (I surely hope so)?

Thank you guys