Radiator leak, gpu isn't working

EpikFlyingBrick

I had my pc running and left it for about a few hours. I came back and it the pump was making a weird noise, I look inside and there's a small drip running down my motherboard. There was still an image on the screen and it seemed to be working just fine. I immediately turned the computer off and turned the power supply off. I took everything apart, including the heat sink off my gpu. I cleaned everything with isopropyl alcohol and let it all dry before putting it all back together. When I tried to start it up, I got no image. On both hdmi and dvi. I doubt that I put it back together wrong because I've done it many times before. But when I took the gpu out, there was the coolant fluid on the pci connector. Which means there was some still left in the pci slot. I dried it as best as I could and tried the other pci slot without any luck. I looked it over and it doesn't look like there was anything that shorted out. Does this sound like my gpu is damaged or does it sound like my mobo. And would any of this be covered by warranty? My motherboard is msi 970 gaming. Gpu is gigabyte gtx 760 4gb windforce. And my aio cooler that leaked was a deep cool 360mm.

AMD FX-8320@4.7ghz|8GB Avexir Core Series Ram|Phanteks Enthoo Pro|Gigabyte Windforce GTX 760 4gb|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|Corsair CX600

the best way to figure it out is:

if the gpu works on another pc, then your mobo is damaged.

if another pci-e device works on your mobo, then your gpu is damaged.

if none of both works in any way... i'm sorry bro...

I had my pc running and left it for about a few hours. I came back and it the pump was making a weird noise, I look inside and there's a small drip running down my motherboard. There was still an image on the screen and it seemed to be working just fine. I immediately turned the computer off and turned the power supply off. I took everything apart, including the heat sink off my gpu. I cleaned everything with isopropyl alcohol and let it all dry before putting it all back together. When I tried to start it up, I got no image. On both hdmi and dvi. I doubt that I put it back together wrong because I've done it many times before. But when I took the gpu out, there was the coolant fluid on the pci connector. Which means there was some still left in the pci slot. I dried it as best as I could and tried the other pci slot without any luck. I looked it over and it doesn't look like there was anything that shorted out. Does this sound like my gpu is damaged or does it sound like my mobo. And would any of this be covered by warranty? My motherboard is msi 970 gaming. Gpu is gigabyte gtx 760 4gb windforce. And my aio cooler that leaked was a deep cool 360mm.

see if deep cool will replace whatever is broken and you AIO

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Aren't most/all watercooling coolants non-conductive?

They are, for this very purpose, just incase it does leak. It shouldn't short/kill anything.

Either way, contact Deepcool to see if they will replace your components. Never heard of them doing so, but goodluck!

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Aren't most/all watercooling coolants non-conductive?

Well, the most common watercooling coolant is uh... water, and water is conductive...

And of course, water is also the most common liquid coolant in general.

Core i5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce | MSI Z170 Krait Gaming Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4 2400 | NZXT S340 Red                                              EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Razer Blackwidow Tournament | Logitech G600 Razer Kraken USB                                                                                                            If you want me to see your post, please remember to quote me!

Well, the most common watercooling coolant is uh... water, and water is conductive...

yes and no...

drinking water is conductive because of the minerals on it.

distilled water is non conductive, and that's the one they use(or they are supposed to...) in coolants

Actually, some coolers use distilled water/coolants which in it's purest form isn't very conductive at all. Although, over time they become conductive due to it picking up copper/aluminum from radiators and water blocks over time.

Tap water is definitely conductive due to the minerals in it, but obviously watercoolers don't use tap water.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Aren't most/all watercooling coolants non-conductive?

They are, for this very purpose, just incase it does leak. It shouldn't short/kill anything.

Either way, contact Deepcool to see if they will replace your components. Never heard of them doing so, but goodluck!

It did feel oily when I was cleaning it up, which is why I don't understand why it's not working. I didn't have this thing for that long, so I doubt it picked up too much metal. I think it's been about 6 months.

AMD FX-8320@4.7ghz|8GB Avexir Core Series Ram|Phanteks Enthoo Pro|Gigabyte Windforce GTX 760 4gb|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|Corsair CX600