Personal experiences with AIO?

Just looking for how people have got on with their own AIO coolers. I'm thinking of getting one when I upgrade my CPU so I was just wondering what others thought.

Does anyone own the NZXT Kraken in-particular?

Would you recommend it?

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

I had an H100i for a couple of years. Had a few issues with the LEDs, but no issues with the unit itself. The NZXT Kraken series is good quality, I would recommend them. 

nzxt one is one of the best. h110igtx from corsair is good also but not sure whether it fit your case or not. Same gose to x61 too cause both are 280mm rad. You can also consider h100i gtx

if you sit really near to your pc then you might be able to hear the pump noise which is annoying af to me so i go with either custom water cooling or air cooling for future.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

had my H100i for almost 5 years, no problem

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

x61 Kraken is an amazing AIO.

It literally outperforms my current custom loop.

100% recommend 280mm AIO's over 240s (or even 360s).

You will want to buy aftermarket fans on literally any AIO you buy, like the Venturi line.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I had an H100i for a couple of years. Had a few issues with the LEDs, but no issues with the unit itself. The NZXT Kraken series is good quality, I would recommend them. 

nzxt one is one of the best. h110igtx from corsair is good also but not sure whether it fit your case or not. Same gose to x61 too cause both are 280mm rad. You can also consider h100i gtx

if you sit really near to your pc then you might be able to hear the pump noise which is annoying af to me so i go with either custom water cooling or air cooling for future.

had my H100i for almost 5 years, no problem

x61 Kraken is an amazing AIO.

It literally outperforms my current custom loop.

So seems like the h100i and the x61 are pretty popular? They were the main two I was looking at. I will be getting the h440 so size isn't a problem

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

So seems like the h100i and the x61 are pretty popular? They were the main two I was looking at. I will be getting the h440 so size isn't a problem

H100iGTX and H110iGTX are the new version

if you can fit a 280mm radiator then use either the kraken X61 or H110iGTX

if you can only fit 240mm then get the H100iGTX

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

H100iGTX and H110iGTX are the new version

if you can fit a 280mm radiator then use either the kraken X61 or H110iGTX

if you can only fit 240mm then get the H100iGTX

I'll see what I can get then. Also depends on how much I can get. If I can't afford something for that price, would the x31 be enough if I didn't get an unlocked processor as well? This is more of a budget alternative 

I'll see what I can get then. Also depends on how much I can get. If I can't afford something for that price, would the x31 be enough if I didn't get an unlocked processor as well? This is more of a budget alternative 

no

if you cant afford a 240/280mm radiator, going smaller is a waste of money

you will get better performance from a cheap air cooler,and then save up for a large AIO

Spoiler

no

if you cant afford a 240/280mm radiator, going smaller is a waste of money

you will get better performance from a cheap air cooler,and then save up for a large AIO

Fair enough, I'll see what I can do

I've had an H80i for the past three years. Aside from the green and blue dying in the rgb led, it's fine. I would recommend getting your own fans no matter what brand you get as the stock ones probably wont be that great, or will be far too loud *cough* H80i stock fans *cough*

ASU

I have a Switech 220x on one of my computers, absolutely fantastic performance. Highly recommend it.