Where To Buy A Custom Keycap?

projectmayhem

Hello all.

Does anyone know of a website where I can get a custom image printed onto a key cap for a cherry mx keyboard?

Any help would be appreciated.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

That is near scam prices if not there. 

its a custom keycap

wtf did you expect?

someone is going make custom colour and laser etched keycap for a couple bucks? lol what planet do you live on

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

its a custom keycap

wtf did you expect?

someone is going make custom colour and laser etched keycap for a couple bucks? lol what planet do you live on

Not like it is truely custom colour, they would get a batch of them in the same colour so sure a bit more expensive for that. The laser etching is not cheap sure but I think anything past $5 for a key cap is just too expensive and nearing being a scam. 

Not like it is truely custom colour, they would get a batch of them in the same colour so sure a bit more expensive for that. The laser etching is not cheap sure but I think anything past $5 for a key cap is just too expensive and nearing being a scam.

I have seen single custom keycaps sell for over $100 but that was far more custom

as for not wanting to spend $10 for a single keycap I think it is $50 for a full keyset printed from wasd the reason it cost more for a single is having to set it up to print it more then anything else.

Thank you so much. The price is fair in my opinion.

I appreciate the help.  :)

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Holy crap that's expensive.

That is near scam prices if not there. 

$10 for a single custom printed keycap is in the ballpark of the going rate.

If you thought *selecting* a keyboard was a crazy new world, take a look at the world of selecting non-mainstream keyboards (Vortex, Royal Kludge, Ducky, etc).  And THEN take a look at the world of custom printed keycaps and keycap sets for those.  In some cases, a set of custom keycaps can cost over $100, like the awesome Galaxy Class keycaps.  (Star Trek: The Next Generation's Enterprise-D style).

Mechanical keyboards and keycaps is a very very very deep rabbit hole.  

MD-4742_20150119151424_526e47117b012725.

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs

Oh, another note.  If you're into this kind of thing, go to Massdrop.  They have listings for keycaps pop up a few times a month, of different shapes / styles.  Someone will usually try and arrange a drop of a few dozen or low-hundreds of keycaps from the manufacturer.  

I ended up getting some printed keycaps of different designs, like Starcraft logos, Diablo logos, DC comics logos, Marvel comics logos, etc for about $4 each.  That's a way to get non-standard keycaps at a lower rate than $7-$10 each.

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs

$10 for a single custom printed keycap is in the ballpark of the going rate.

If you thought *selecting* a keyboard was a crazy new world, take a look at the world of selecting non-mainstream keyboards (Vortex, Royal Kludge, Ducky, etc). And THEN take a look at the world of custom printed keycaps and keycap sets for those. In some cases, a set of custom keycaps can cost over $100, like the awesome Galaxy Class keycaps. (Star Trek: The Next Generation's Enterprise-D style).

Mechanical keyboards and keycaps is a very very very deep rabbit hole.

MD-4742_20150119151424_526e47117b012725.

Yeah, i just spent 115$ on Keycaps.

The reason it was expensive for me is i have a custom split layout on the custom keyboard I'm building

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Finally placed my order.

Thanks Enderman.

If I remember, I will send you a picture once I get them so I can show you what I ordered.

Don't quote me on that though....my memory is terrible. Haha