4gb/8gb of ram working

iNoa97

So just finished building my new pc, i had problems before where it would repetively turn off and on and only way to turn it off was through psu, well I removed 1 stick of ram and it worked fine. But that means i only have 4gb of ram, not very good for battlefront, etc. After I setup my new computer I tried putting in the stick again but I got the same on and off problem, anyone know why this is happening?

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

Either you ram stick is bad or the ram slot on the board is faulty, I vote the former since the ram itself always seems to be the weakest link.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Switch the 4gb stick with the other 4gb stick and check if the problem persists. If not then it is probably a faulty slot. It is most likely the ram

Canadian Top Gear fan, tech lover and cyclist :P  Build: A10 7870k-Gigabyte FM2A68HM-HD2- G.Skill 2133Mhz 2x4gb- Cooler Master Elite 335-Antec Earthwatts 500w 80+ Bronze

#RIPTopGear :(