Android vs apple....

Mammo

My friend believes iphones are just gods for some reason. Hes completely bias towards the company and he lacks knowledge on android. Help me inform him on why iphones are quite as good as he might think. I know iphones are good phones but I don't like the company and the way they do things. post-308216-0-25141000-1453584563_thumb.

We really don't need another of these posts or discussions.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

In b4 lock/flamewar

Also, dont argue with fanboys, youll only waste your time

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

inb4 locked lel

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

Does it matter? Everyone has their own preference. No one really cares, it's just whatever you like. Threads like this are pointless.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

"Android is all about money" Apple- over $550 profit per iPhone

So true

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

My friend believes iphones are just gods for some reason. Hes completely bias towards the company and he lacks knowledge on android. Help me inform him on why iphones are quite as good as he might think. I know iphones are good phones but I don't like the company and the way they do things. attachicon.gifScreenshot_20160123-153459.png

Pick the phone that's best for you. Thats all I have to say

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

My friend believes iphones are just gods for some reason. Hes completely bias towards the company and he lacks knowledge on android. Help me inform him on why iphones are quite as good as he might think. I know iphones are good phones but I don't like the company and the way they do things. attachicon.gifScreenshot_20160123-153459.png

Don't waste your time arguing with an idiot.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Ooook. Took me 10 seconds to realize these are two 13 year olds arguing. Just stop right there. Thanks.

People should stop comparing an open source operating system with a physical phone that is hard to tweak.

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

I would like to agree with you but I simply cant.

Linus hit the nail on the head in the WAN show. Updates end pretty much 5 minutes before you buy the phone with android.

My iphone 5s just updated to 9.2.1 this week and is still rock solid.

Linus hit the nail on the head in the WAN show. Updates end pretty much 5 minutes before you buy the phone with android.

Unless you buy the Nexus phones

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

I call bullshit. Buy a high end Android phone at the same price range as the iPhone and see how long it gets updated, 2 years for sure.

Now that people buy 100-200$ phones and bitch about it, that's their problem. Also, Moto G is a 200$ Android phone that has 2 years of updates.

Or they buy a brand that has a bad reputation for updating.

By your logic, Windows Phone wins. Lumia 920 came out in 2012, it's getting Windows Phone 10 in 2016 and all the updates that will come out for WP 10. That's 4 years and including the WP10 updates it will be 5 years. :P

Oh, I hadn't realized that android was its own company... man, that sure as heck sounds right once you drink the apple punch!

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I call bullshit. Buy a high end Android phone at the same price range as the iPhone and see how long it gets updated, 2 years for sure.

Now that people buy 100-200$ phones and bitch about it, that's their problem. Also, Moto G is a 200$ Android phone that has 2 years of updates.

Or they buy a brand that has a bad reputation for updating.

By your logic, Windows Phone wins. Lumia 920 came out in 2012, it's getting Windows Phone 10 in 2016 and all the updates that will come out for WP 10. That's 4 years and including the WP10 updates it will be 5 years. :P

Had a samsung phone and just over 1 year after I got it had to root it to be able to update it. I also currently have a Windows phone "925" which runs windows 10 as I type and you are correct, that not only by my logic but fact that Windows phone are better in just about every single way. They just completely fail due to app support as in people just dont generally make cross platform apps for them.

Ill give you that. My daughter has the Nexus 6, she seems happy with it.

Yeah there are some android phones that take forever to update, or never. (The cheaper phones and some brands) But a few brands and phones stay in the update loop for a while

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Had a samsung phone and just over 1 year after I got it had to root it to be able to update it. I also currently have a Windows phone "925" which runs windows 10 as I type and you are correct, that not only by my logic but fact that Windows phone are better in just about every single way. They just completely fail due to app support as in people just dont generally make cross platform apps for them.

Owned a Lumia 920 for almost 2 years and switched back to Android due to app support, after 8 months I gave up on it again and went back to a Lumia 640, recently sold it.

My experience with WP is that it is amazing. Best bang for the buck. However, the app support it terrible and by the looks of things, it won't catch up any time soon. :(

Yeap if you took the WP and gave it the same level of app support as android and apple it would be game over.