Windows 10 Game DVR Sound Issue

kbhawkman

I'm trying to use GameDVR to record video and audio. It seems to work only in certain instances and I need some help.

I have speakers connected to my motherboard using an audio cable and when I enable "Speakers" as the default device in Windows 10 under Sound>Playback

I can hear the game when I play, but when I check my recording it only has video, no audio.

When I change the default device in Sound>Playback to my monitor with built in speakers (it uses DisplayPort connection), the audio and video record just fine.

I can hear the game through my monitor speakers, and the recording captures both audio and video.

I don't like my monitor speakers and when I connect my usual speakers through the monitors audio output, the sound isn't great.

Does anyone know how I can record audio while keeping my usual speakers connected to the motherboard and kept as the default device in Windows 10?

you can do virtual mixers and passtrough audio to it

or you could just use something more simple like OBS

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

you can do virtual mixers and passtrough audio to it

or you could just use something more simple like OBS

What is OBS?

How would I do any of this?

What is OBS?

How would I do any of this?

there's this beutiful thing... I forgot what it's called

hold on I'll be back with some pictures

give me 5 min tops

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

There we go....

BlcFPlQ.png

2RXBkwv.png

there's this beutiful thing... I forgot what it's called

hold on I'll be back with some pictures

give me 5 min tops

There we go....

BlcFPlQ.png

2RXBkwv.png

This isn't any of what I'm trying to do.

Windows 10 GameDVR has a lot of issues and I'm trying to find out how to make GameDVR record audio from what I select. Game DVR seems to have a pre-determined setting to record audio that passes through only from the DisplayPort.