[Rumor]HTC is going to re-launch the original HTC One (M7) in Taiwan?

snowComet

This is an interesting rumor about HTC, reported by Taiwanese media EPrice TW. We all heard news about how bad HTC was in the smartphone business. But instead of launching news smartphones, according to an article from EPrice TW, it seems HTC will re-launch the original HTC One (M7) (at least in Taiwan).

post-32565-0-08736400-1453542699.jpg

Eprice TW reported that HTC will re-launch the HTC One (M7) in February. Since it is a 2-yrs old flagship, the M7 will be sold with a heavy price cut - with a 70% discount, around TWD 6000, or $179, as Eprice TW reported (The original price is around TWD 19,900). Also according to the article, these M7s are not 2nd-hand or recycled smartphones, these are completely new smartphones. But Eprice TW predicted that the packaging and warranty of these new M7 will be different from any new HTC smartphones.

HTC haven't responsed to this article, thus I would still classified it as a rumor. And it is still unclear if there will be any changes in the config, model, colors, or whether the M7 will be re-launch in other cities or countries. But if HTC re-launch the M7 in yr area, would u buy one now, 2/3 yrs after its initial launch?

http://www.eprice.com.tw/mobile/talk/4542/4969290/1/ (in Chinese)

I'd buy that, it would have accessories unlike cheaper low budget smart phones like my OPPO Mirror 5s, plus it has better specs!

This wouldn't be surprising as it is currently priced $179 USD on amazon 

Ah well. HTC is gonna die very, very soon. They have a bad habit of creating an outstanding design. Then they release a slight improvement. And another. And another. And by that time their product design is dated and nobody wants one, and they go bankrupt.

- snip-

The main question is... will they sort out the f...ing CAMERA???

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I loved my M7. Excellent phone... Except for the camera.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Will they launch it with Android 6.0?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Ah well. HTC is gonna die very, very soon. They have a bad habit of creating an outstanding design. Then they release a slight improvement. And another. And another. And by that time their product design is dated and nobody wants one, and they go bankrupt.

HTC one M8 was a fantastic update, the 9 was a solid one that got rid of some minor issues. The design is still beautiful

People expect change for the sake of change

If they go bankrupt it's because of a lack of exposure, not the actual quality. It takes a lot to be anyone but Samsung in the current android market

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

HTC one M8 was a fantastic update, the 9 was a solid one that got rid of some minor issues. The design is still beautiful

People expect change for the sake of change

If they go bankrupt it's because of a lack of exposure, not the actual quality. It takes a lot to be anyone but Samsung in the current android market

Camera is still potato, and the 810 overheats on the m9.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Camera is still potato, and the 810 overheats on the m9.

The uP camera is great in a lot of situations that don't rely heavily on digital zoom. I haven't used a 9s camera

And the 810 is an unfortunate thing that happened to everyone, 20nm tsmc was a bust. But every phone but the iPhone 6 throttles, they aren't made for benchmarking

The 9 overall was not as good as the 8 back when it was me

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I loved my M7. Excellent phone... Except for the camera.

I really hope they fix the purple camera issues

HTID