Where do I start with Programming

Hi I know NOTHING AT ALL about programming and was wondering where do I even begin? I'd love some advice.

Don't expect it to be easy.

What are you wanting to program?

I don't even know. Maybe a website. I really had nothing in mind I just want to start to learn about it.  I just wanted some place to begin. At the very least a place to start learning the terminology.

W3 schools is a good place to start or Udacity if you like interactive videos. What are you looking to do? 

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

If your school has computer science its the best place to start. Thats where i learned some html

Computer science books/classes and I recommend starting with python, it is relatively easy and widely used, you can make 2d games, 3d games, guis, and just basic text stuff too with it, it is a great place to start. 

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

I don't even know. Maybe a website. I really had nothing in mind I just want to start to learn about it.  I just wanted some place to begin. At the very least a place to start learning the terminology.

Start by checking some tutorials online and trying to do them and then when you finished them do your own changes to see the effects

Hi I know NOTHING AT ALL about programming and was wondering where do I even begin? I'd love some advice.

OK firstly this thought of question is getting asked every few days, so I'm going to presume you haven't seen them, but next time I would recommend looking it up first.

Anyway I would recommend Python as a base, its a relative easy language to understand and once you get into it you can do a lot with it. I would recommend the following guide, I learned Python from it myself with no previous experience in programming at all. It gives you all the basics and if there is ever anything else you need for a program it probably already exists! You can look it up or failing that I have found http://docs.python.org in the past very helpful. Anyway here's the guide!

http://voyager.egglescliffe.org.uk/mwc/mukoku/file.php/15/Programming/Introduction_to_Python_v2.1.pdf

If you do decide to learn Python and ever need any help drop me a pm and I'll try and help!

Good luck with programming!

| Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | MSI P67A-G45 | i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz |  Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus | EVGA GTX 670 FTW Edition 2GB | 8GB (2X4GB) Mushkin Blackline @ 1600MHz | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Green | Corsair 600CX V2 | Windows 7 64-bit |

figure out what you really wanna do and start researching. whether its games you are looking to program; software, websites. Its all you. good luck

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

Here is the book that my lecturer wrote. It will teach you the general information about programming languages (including the object oriented languages), but this book will cover mainly java. However you should be able to apply your knowledge from this book to learning other languages. (I was pretty much like you, no knowledge on programming. But I managed to learn java using this book and am currently learning C).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44477740/OOPD_Book.pdf