Diabolical at Dota...

I'm absolutely awful at Dota 2 and have literally no idea what I'm doing apart from my ability to occasionally spam my ultimate ability and get a random kill :P

Most games end up with me having 1/2 kills and 15ish deaths.

So, who would you recommend I watch on YT for guides and tutorials?

Cheers :)

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm absolutely awful at Dota 2 and have literally no idea what I'm doing apart from my ability to occasionally spam my ultimate ability and get a random kill :P

Most games end up with me having 1/2 kills and 15ish deaths.

So, who would you recommend I watch on YT for guides and tutorials?

Cheers :)

YOU THINK YOUR BAD?! on cs:go i get 1-2 kills and 20+ deaths in a game :/

to me your like a legend

Welcome to Dota 2, You Suck.

Dota in a nutshell

I'm probs dog shit too you are not alone.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Getting better at any MOBA, but especially DOTA, requires a lot of playtime and a lot of studying. Study the DOTA 2 wiki to get familiar with all the heroes and their abilities. Study items and their active affects and their usefulness on various heroes. Try out a lot of different heroes in bot games until you find one you like and are comfortable with.

The #1 most important thing in DOTA is positioning. In lane, you need to realize what you are up against and how easy is it for them to kill you. Sometimes you just have to stay far back to avoid feeding, that's just how the game is. This can even be the case in 2v1 situations, some heroes are just awful in lane and some are extremely dominant. In teamfights, make sure you enter the fight at an appropriate time. Rushing in is a surefire way to die instantly, unless you are the initiator. If you have an impactful ability that can easily be countered by an enemy hero, wait for them to burn their counter ability before you use your ability. Try to always focus on your positioning and try to think about how you could have positioned differently if you die very quickly in a fight or if you find yourself too far away to effectively use your abilities/attacks.

The other advice I offer you is to know your role. They are referred to as positions 1-5, pos for short. Basically, the pos 1 hero gets the most farm, the pos 2 hero gets the second most, and so on all the way down to pos 5 who gets next to nothing. If you are a pos 4 or 5, don't take farm from your pos 1 or 2 hero. Positions are generally based on what your hero scales with. Some heroes have weak abilities or abilities that get stronger with stats, and thus scale with items. Some heroes innately have very strong abilities, and thus items matter less and levels matter more so they scale with levels. Pos 1 and 2 heroes spend most of the game farming so that they can buy items. Pos 4 and 5 heroes spend most of the game supporting their team with items and presence. Pos 3 heroes do a little of both.

Get a mic and get familiar with the lingo so you can efficiently communicate with your teammates. Don't be an asshole on the mic.

That's some quick and dirty advice I have for you. It's important to remember that you will never get better without trying to get better. Constantly be thinking during your games and try to right your mistakes in the next one. DOTA has a really robust replay system so you can watch all your games if you want to go over something again.

Getting better at any MOBA, but especially DOTA, requires a lot of playtime and a lot of studying. Study the DOTA 2 wiki to get familiar with all the heroes and their abilities. Study items and their active affects and their usefulness on various heroes. Try out a lot of different heroes in bot games until you find one you like and are comfortable with.

The #1 most important thing in DOTA is positioning. In lane, you need to realize what you are up against and how easy is it for them to kill you. Sometimes you just have to stay far back to avoid feeding, that's just how the game is. This can even be the case in 2v1 situations, some heroes are just awful in lane and some are extremely dominant. In teamfights, make sure you enter the fight at an appropriate time. Rushing in is a surefire way to die instantly, unless you are the initiator. If you have an impactful ability that can easily be countered by an enemy hero, wait for them to burn their counter ability before you use your ability. Try to always focus on your positioning and try to think about how you could have positioned differently if you die very quickly in a fight or if you find yourself too far away to effectively use your abilities/attacks.

The other advice I offer you is to know your role. They are referred to as positions 1-5, pos for short. Basically, the pos 1 hero gets the most farm, the pos 2 hero gets the second most, and so on all the way down to pos 5 who gets next to nothing. If you are a pos 4 or 5, don't take farm from your pos 1 or 2 hero. Positions are generally based on what your hero scales with. Some heroes have weak abilities or abilities that get stronger with stats, and thus scale with items. Some heroes innately have very strong abilities, and thus items matter less and levels matter more so they scale with levels. Pos 1 and 2 heroes spend most of the game farming so that they can buy items. Pos 4 and 5 heroes spend most of the game supporting their team with items and presence. Pos 3 heroes do a little of both.

Get a mic and get familiar with the lingo so you can efficiently communicate with your teammates. Don't be an asshole on the mic.

That's some quick and dirty advice I have for you. It's important to remember that you will never get better without trying to get better. Constantly be thinking during your games and try to right your mistakes in the next one. DOTA has a really robust replay system so you can watch all your games if you want to go over something again.

Regarding the mic, I already get lots of abuse from my friends when we play together lol :P

Join the club. Find some friends to carry you xD

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Join the club. Find some friends to carry you xD

They already do :)

Regarding the mic, I already get lots of abuse from my friends when we play together lol :P

As long as its all in good fun it's fine. Just don't take the game too seriously, or that playful harassment can become real and might start to affect real life.