Is skyrim worth it if i played it already on xbox?

Air tree

Well i was thinking of picking it up on pc on the next steam sale, but i'm wondering you guys think it's worth it to play it on pc again, with all the mods texture mods and ect... Do you think it's worth all in all? Because i was very bored of it on console but i'm thinking pc and mods will spark a new intrest within the game. Throw in your opinion!

If you can get it. Yes. The mods make the game ever so expanding and interesting.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Well... there's tons of mods so if you're gonna try them, sure buy it. I would wait until Winter Sale on Steam though. 

Mods make skyrim a completely different game when played on the PC.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo

Well... there's tons of mods so if you're gonna try them, sure buy it. I would wait until Winter Sale on Steam though. 

That was my plan anyway! i might pick it up then because just playing a barbarian seems brilliant at the moment! That and i won't even my have my first pc until october or until the 9970 series.

Also do you think legendary edition is worth double the price of the regular edition? i played harthfire and the vampire ones on xbox but i didn't enjoy either of them.

Mods bruh

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Well i was thinking of picking it up on pc on the next steam sale, but i'm wondering you guys think it's worth it to play it on pc again, with all the mods texture mods and ect... Do you think it's worth all in all? Because i was very bored of it on console but i'm thinking pc and mods will spark a new intrest within the game. Throw in your opinion!

Step 1. Wait for -75% Steam sale (you can even ask it to remind you if the game on your wishlist is on sale - put Skyrim Legendary on wishlist)

Step 2. Get it.

Step 3. ???

Step 4. Profit! I meant, FUN!

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Also do you think legendary edition is worth double the price of the regular edition? i played harthfire and the vampire ones on xbox but i didn't enjoy either of them.

If you didn't like the dawnguard expansion, I think you should go with the default version, as the other dlc is on par or worse then that imo. One thing to take in to account though is that some mods require assets from those dlc to work. 

If you didn't like the dawnguard expansion, I think you should go with the default version, as the other dlc is on par or worse then that imo. One thing to take in to account though is that some mods require assets from those dlc to work. 

a lot of big/popular mods use the DLC resources - many have dropped non-DLC support since they're cheap, have useful resources for mods, and just aren't worth supporting 2 different versions

so yeah, pick them up

and Skyrim is one of the few examples of what games can look like when textures aren't made with constraints in mind - my titan and my eyes are loving the 4gb+ of vram usage

a lot of big/popular mods use the DLC resources - many have dropped non-DLC support since they're cheap, have useful resources for mods, and just aren't worth supporting 2 different versions

so yeah, pick them up

and Skyrim is one of the few examples of what games can look like when textures aren't made with constraints in mind - my titan and my eyes are loving the 4gb+ of vram usage

Damn it, i really didn't want to buy the legendary edition for double the price even though i don't even like more than half of the dlc that it comes with :(

The mods alone are worth it, not to mention that the game will look nicer anyway

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

original.jpg

Enough said?

Damn it, i really didn't want to buy the legendary edition for double the price even though i don't even like more than half of the dlc that it comes with :(

I use original one without DLC and still have fun...

Addon links to SS's of some dudes Skyrim - http://kotaku.com/5961994/what-skyrim-looks-like-when-youre-running-100-mods-at-once

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

I think it depends how many hours you have into the game, if there is still allot left to explore then by all means it is probably worth it. Also if you have a decent PC I have heard that the texture mods make it an entirely different experience.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Should you buy it also for pc depends ALL from how much you put value to the improved visuals with mods (because there are just few worthwhile actual content adding mods).

Actually this made me think. Isn't it quite wrong in the age when we more and more just buy licences to play the game than physical media, that you have to pay the game again if you want to play it different platform? Even more so with the next gen consoles sharing architechture with the pc side, so the porting costs shouldn't be a issue?

1.PRIME X570-PRO/ 3700X & Custom H2O/H510 Elite/16Gb-RAM/RTX 2080 Super/500Gb M.2 ssd/240Gb ssd/4Tb/P-660 (XP²)/Win10
2.P5P55D-E PRO/i7-870@4,1Ghz@1,34V/Observatory/12Gb-RAM/RX 570 Strix/240Gb ssd/1Tb/RM650x/Win10

If you're into Skyrim mods, yeah get it on the PC.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

Should you buy it also for pc depends ALL from how much you put value to the improved visuals with mods (because there are just few worthwhile actual content adding mods).

Actually this made me think. Isn't it quite wrong in the age when we more and more just buy licences to play the game than physical media, that you have to pay the game again if you want to play it different platform? Even more so with the next gen consoles sharing architechture with the pc side, so the porting costs shouldn't be a issue?

Not the case with Steam, you can play on PC with all supported OS if the game has the support. There's something like Steamplay and associated Linux/Mac/Windows 'icons' on the title page in steam store. If you buy a game with any SteamPlay logo(s) you can play it on ANY OPERATING SYSTEM that is supported.

So yea although PC is different case, only Steam has this kind of feature currently.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Have a copy of Skyrim on PS3 and played the main quest on it. Skyrim on PC is definitely worth it. playing it at 60FPS and its just way better than the console, plus mods and other goodies! :)

vanila/console Skyrim = good fun game

modded Skyrim = brilliant  

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

Is this a question?

(Answer: Yes, especially modded!)

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

I played around 100 hours of Skyrim on PS3 and about a year later I got it on PC and it's still brilliant, I don't have a PC that can run all of the texture/graphics mods but even the novelty mods are good (I have a Captain America Shield )

CPU: 4670K / Cooler: H100i / RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866MHz / Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 / GPU: MSI TF 780 Gaming Edition / Case: Corsair Vengence C70 / Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo & 2TB Seagate Barracuda / PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX750G

for all the mods yeah just get it seems like there is always some deal out there for it

The Elder Scrolls is the only reason I'm building a computer. The game is so much better modded. Go to the Skyrim Nexus and look around at their top mods. SkyUI, SkyRe, ASIS, Climates of Tamriel, Falskaar, Inigo, Deadly Dragons, all those ENB settings... Just go look and get hooked. (Some mods require some/all of the expansions in order to work)