New MOBO, Subwoofer does not work properly

Go to solution Solved by Troyathy,

I am just going to take the less clean solution and use pass through until I decide I feel like screwing with it again. I'll post again if I end up finding a solution.

I just installed a new motherboard, Asus x99-a, replacing an Asus m5a97 r2.0. So, basically I have this thing called a Subpac, doesn't really matter except that it is basically a sub woofer and that is how the PC sees it. If you want more details -->  http://thesubpac.com/subpac-s2-2/ Again, it works just like a sub woofer as far as configuration is concerned.

After upgrading, I cannot get the thing to work in games, Spotify, Windows media player, iTunes, nothing. It comes up and tests just fine in the configuration for playback devices as well as in the Realtek HD audio manager. But Windows does not seem to want to output to it at all.

This wouldn't be so frustrating if not that I DID have it working just fine with the other motherboard. AND THEY USE THE SAME DRIVERS!!! I cannot figure out why it wont just do what it did before. I remember I had to do some finagling before, but I did get it work after configuring the driver and whatnot. I have no idea why it wont work.

Ideas? Thanks.

Were you using realtek before? Likely an issue with that. Make sure you installed new sound drivers. Just because they both use Realtek doesn't mean they're identical.

Were you using realtek before? Likely an issue with that. Make sure you installed new sound drivers. Just because they both use Realtek doesn't mean they're identical.

Yeah, I checked. It the same exact audio driver version and everything. I know the hardware is slightly different, but the driver is the same. I am confident to say that it is a software/driver issue.

Oh and it is just a 2.1 setup. It worked before by going into configuration on either the Realtek drivers or Window's built in audio manager and selecting 5.1 and turning off center channel and rear surround channels. 

New Development: Does not work with Blu-rays either HAHA SWEET.

I am just going to take the less clean solution and use pass through until I decide I feel like screwing with it again. I'll post again if I end up finding a solution.