Philips SHP9500 worth £99

bart69132

Are the Phillips SHP9500 worth buying for £99 and saving up for a mod mic later on? I will be gaming and listening to electronica

They should be more like 99$, so i would wait for them to Get cheaper

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

They should be more like 99$, so i would wait for them to Get cheaper

i can't find them anywhere in the uk apart from £99 on amazon, there is some on ebay but thats all

If you do get them, I'd recommend the VModa BoomPro over the modmic.

That's what i was going to buy anyway.

i can't find them anywhere in the uk apart from £99 on amazon, there is some on ebay but thats all

They go on sale sometimes. They are only 89 us dollars on Amazon us

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

They used to go for around $69 USD (sometimes even lower) before the hype came along.

Not a bad choice under $100 but it is something to consider. 

That would be $140.  As much as I love my SHP9500 at that price they wouldn't be worth it.  I would rather get the Fidelio X2s or the AKG K7xx that go on sale sometimes for $200.  Or I'd go much cheaper.  I got my AD500x for $60 refurbished, and I've seen the AD700x for under $100 before.  I think the cut off for me would be $100 on the SHP9500.

But that's all relative.  I have no idea what other headphones at what price points are available to you.  Another thing to consider is the 9500s are a discontinued model so they may not go down much in price.