Fractal Define S alternative?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a case to do custom loop build and need a case which supports ~5x120 radiators in total (so 3x120 and 2x120 for example) and is ATX.

The Define S from Fractal looks really good and the size would be excellent for the amount of hardware you can stuff in there but I would really like to have a full aluminum case. I especially don't like the feel of the front panel of the Define S.

So does anyone know any full aluminum cases that are similar to the Define S? So far I could find many Lian-Li cases but none of them could handle more than 4x120. :(

EDIT: 3.5 and 5.25 bays aren't necessary.

So 360 and 240 rad?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

So 360 and 240 rad?

For example, yes :)

More would also be fine like two 3x120 or whatever.

cardboard box = unlimited space

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Whats your max budget? 

Let's say 1000 but to be fair I would be willing to spend more if I can see the value. I tend to keep cases for a long time (and simply pass them along to friends/family later on) so I don't care that much.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a case to do custom loop build and need a case which supports ~5x120 radiators in total (so 3x120 and 2x120 for example) and is ATX.

The Define S from Fractal looks really good and the size would be excellent for the amount of hardware you can stuff in there but I would really like to have a full aluminum case. I especially don't like the feel of the front panel of the Define S.

So does anyone know any full aluminum cases that are similar to the Define S? So far I could find many Lian-Li cases but none of them could handle more than 4x120. :(

EDIT: 3.5 and 5.25 bays aren't necessary.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139019

How's that? (Pricey, but should work)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Corsair 600C is more like Define S

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139069&cm_re=corsair_600c-_-11-139-069-_-Product

It's not aluminum, but it's not plastic either.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Let's say 1000 but to be fair I would be willing to spend more if I can see the value. I tend to keep cases for a long time (and simply pass them along to friends/family later on) so I don't care that much.

the 900D should be a good fit then but case labs sell some amazing water cooling cases. 

the 900D should be a good fit then but case labs sell some amazing water cooling cases.

The main problem I have with the 900D as an alternative is the size. I think you you want to go this big you can also get something from Caselabs or an Enthoo Primo and be even more flexible.

Corsair 600C is more like Define S

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139069&cm_re=corsair_600c-_-11-139-069-_-Product

It's not aluminum, but it's not plastic either.

There is just to much plastic in there for my taste, the window panel, the drive cages etc. which is sad because the size would be great, it's just not the quality level I'm looking for.

Did you say $1000+ well then MurderBox MkII it is.

Doesn't look to bad altough also ~50cm higher than the Define. But the absolute killer "No" argument for me is the "Manufacturing of the MKII and Original Add-on parts is underway and is expected to be completed later this summer." statement. Sorry, but I'm not paying 1500 up front for a maybe delivery around summer...

http://www.caselabs-store.com/magnum-th10a/ - Double-Wide case (Space for days!) - Customizable

http://www.caselabs-store.com/magnum-sma8/ - Single-Wide case (More conservative) - Customizable

When your budget is so high, go for the best, and forget mass-production limitations.

Caselabs would have been my first stop but then I stumbled upon the build project from Kyle from awesomesauce network and thought to myself "wow, that is very small for such a machine". And since I don't even need 3.5 bays I would like to do a smaller build this time but all Caselabs cases for ATX + Rads are so big. :(

The main problem I have with the 900D as an alternative is the size. I think you you want to go this big you can also get something from Caselabs or an Enthoo Primo and be even more flexible.

There is just to much plastic in there for my taste, the window panel, the drive cages etc. which is sad because the size would be great, it's just not the quality level I'm looking for.

Doesn't look to bad altough also ~50cm higher than the Define. But the absolute killer "No" argument for me is the "Manufacturing of the MKII and Original Add-on parts is underway and is expected to be completed later this summer." statement. Sorry, but I'm not paying 1500 up front for a maybe delivery around summer...

Caselabs would have been my first stop but then I stumbled upon the build project from Kyle from awesomesauce network and thought to myself "wow, that is very small for such a machine". And since I don't even need 3.5 bays I would like to do a smaller build this time but all Caselabs cases for ATX + Rads are so big. :(

Total agreement on the Murderbox... If it's not completed now, then there is simply no guarantee anything will be delivered.

Can you link the build, so I can see what you're looking at? You can send it to me in a PM if linking to other network content is against the CoC somehow.

~Cynical~

Can you link the build, so I can see what you're looking at? You can send it to me in a PM if linking to other network content is against the CoC somehow.

I think linking this should be okay since this is in no way advertising at this point, this is the "Hotline" Build Log.

Again, he's running full size ATX and two-way SLI with a total of 5x120 radiator space in a mid tower case which is really cool for me since I've never seen this amount of hardware AND cooling in such a small case. I just wished they made a full aluminum version of it. :(

EDIT: I just realized that Pauls Hardware did nearly the same built with his arctic panther, seems to be more common than I thought...

I think linking this should be okay since this is in no way advertising at this point, this is the "Hotline" Build Log.

Again, he's running full size ATX and two-way SLI with a total of 5x120 radiator space in a mid tower case which is really cool for me since I've never seen this amount of hardware AND cooling in such a small case. I just wished they made a full aluminum version of it. :(

EDIT: I just realized that Pauls Hardware did nearly the same built with his arctic panther, seems to be more common than I thought...

Take a look at my linked Sig for a 5x 140mm Define S build.

First time petg user as well, bends can use some work but still.

@OP if price is not an issue, I'd buy the Define S and ask a local company about a metal front panel (and an acrylic window, highly recommended and cheap to do).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I think the Corsair 400C will be a good option. All steel panel exterior, no optical bay. The 400Q is the same but with added sound dampening material and no window. They will both be coming out around a month or so. The PSU shroud is plastic but it can be removed and one could DIY a nice metal shroud if they choose.

I think the Corsair 400C will be a good option. All steel panel exterior, no optical bay. The 400Q is the same but with added sound dampening material and no window. They will both be coming out around a month or so. The PSU shroud is plastic but it can be removed and one could DIY a nice metal shroud if they choose.

It can't house the requested radiators.

It only allows 240x280 (or literally the same as fractal designs recently announced Define Nano S)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS