First Build! Parts are on there way!

Hello tipsters, 

I ordered all the parts for my first ever computer build last week and the first item arrived today!

So, I wanted to share the experience with you guys as it all comes together.

I played around with a lot of different component combinations before finally deciding on the ones that I thought were right for me. My original build was just over $10,000 AUD; which I was willing to pay but I came to the conclusion that  spending that much money, just wasn't necessary.

It consisted of dual titan x's, 5960x cpu and a 750 intel 1.2gb SSD, but I thought it was a little overkill.

This slightly toned down version will be for gaming, streaming and hopefully I'll be able to do at least some video editing.

Here's my compilation:

Cpu: Intel Core i7 5820K

Cpu cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Liquid 

Mobo: Asus X99-Deluxe/U3.1

Memory: Corsair Vengenace LPX 2800C14 32gb (4x8GB) DDR4

Gpu: Evga Geforce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked, 6GB Sli (dual)

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 1TB x 2 

Psu: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 Platinum 1200W Power Supply 

Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition 

Monitor: Asus Rog Swift PG279Q 27inch G-Sync IPS Monitor

Fans: 3x Corsair Air Series SP140 High Static Pressure Geen LED fans

O/S: Windows 10 Home USB

Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Red Gaming Headset

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Brown Keyboard

Mouse: Razer Naga

Mouse Pad: Steel Series Qck XXL 

Reasons why I chose a few of the items above. Starting with the power supply, I understand I don't need 1200watts but the 1000W was out of stock and there was only a $10 difference. I went with the Razer edition H440 not because I'm a razer fanboy but simply because I've always liked the black and green colour scheme and with the green LED fans, the green glow from the Geforce logo and the NZXT cooler set to green it should look quite nice (hopefully).

My Monitor and Graphics cards both arrived in the mail today. Unfortunately, I got messed around with the mailing company and ran out of time to pick up my Gpu's.

Monitor I'll post below:

LRZglkS.jpg

The box is a lot bigger than I was expecting.

HVblh76.jpg

I'll continue to post as things arrive and again when everything comes together. Thanks for reading and sharing in my excitement.

Wow man! This seems so cool! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend on it completely?

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

-snip-

Nice build! You have the same motherboard, graphics card and case fans (I have them in red though) as me. I'm also planning to get two of those Asus monitors soon.

Good luck with your build!

Wow man! This seems so cool! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend on it completely?

All up with postage and insurance I spent roughly $7,350AUD or $5,070USD. The monitor really bumped up the price but seeing it in person it was well worth it  B)

As far as gaming builds go id say that's the perfect one.

Thank you, it's been a very long time since I've been able to play the latest games. My current PC has being on the decline for sometime and for once I'd like to play solitaire and minesweeper in 4k resolution  :P

I just made it in time to the post office to pick up these bad boys:

6nctVG4.jpg

B)

All up with postage and insurance I spent roughly $7,350AUD or $5,070USD. The monitor really bumped up the price but seeing it in person it was well worth it  B)

Crap...

Well, it seems like a really really good system.

Good luck with it! 

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

Some strange boxes showed up on my front door today. 

ecT4R4T.jpg

I wonder what's inside!  :o

QmUEp8Y.jpg

5ezFm4n.jpg

Lets look!  :ph34r:

YkgidV5.jpg

It looks as though everything got here in one piece, none of the packing appears to have dents or tares in it which I'm happy about. Now If only I knew how to put any of it together... :D

Thank you, it's been a very long time since I've been able to play the latest games. My current PC has being on the decline for sometime and for once I'd like to play solitaire and minesweeper in 4k resolution  :P

I assume you mean 1440p ? As that Monitor is 2560 x 1440.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got the time to put everything together. I had a few minor issues getting the sli to work correctly (turned out the motherbaords very picky about where to place the cards). I also had to send away for a new wifi antenna as the one they sent me was faulty. Other than that though every thing is running smoothly. I'm getting good fps at max game settings solid and consistent temperatures. It also looks exactly the way I wanted it to. I'm incredibly happy with my first build.

FeAExye.jpg