Best CPU under $250 for Recording PC Games

I'm looking for the best CPU for recording PC Games that is under $250. Needs to be able to handle 720-1080p recording and streaming through OBS and/or XSplit. (Note- I don't plan on playing the new most hardware demanding games. I will be playing more like indie games, and CS:GO) I don't care if it is Intel or AMD I just want it to do everything I need it to without going out of my budget. If you got any questions for me lmk.

I5 4460/4690k or 6600

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Any reason you're budgeting out just the cpu? Do you already have the motherboard?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I5 4460 its enough ;)

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

I think the GPU matters more...

Any PSU is modular if you try hard enough....

Xeon E3 1231v3

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Any reason you're budgeting out just the cpu? Do you already have the motherboard?

I've already got a system, and I just upgraded my RAM and added a ssd, so now I thought I would upgrade the cpu. I currently don't have a mobo mainly because I'm not sure on the cpu yet. I'm upgrading from an AMD athlon x4 750k so pretty much anything would be an improvement but I just really need something that gets the job done (mentioned above) in that $200-$250 price range.

I've already got a system, and I just upgraded my RAM and added a ssd, so now I thought I would upgrade the cpu. I currently don't have a mobo mainly because I'm not sure on the cpu yet. I'm upgrading from an AMD athlon x4 750k so pretty much anything would be an improvement but I just really need something that gets the job done (mentioned above) in that $200-$250 price range.

If you're buying a new cpu along with the motherboard, don't separate the budgets when they have to be bought together anyway.

Please list your specs and state an updated budget for the parts you need.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm looking for the best CPU for recording PC Games that is under $250. Needs to be able to handle 720-1080p recording and streaming through OBS and/or XSplit. (Note- I don't plan on playing the new most hardware demanding games. I will be playing more like indie games, and CS:GO) I don't care if it is Intel or AMD I just want it to do everything I need it to without going out of my budget. If you got any questions for me lmk.

For OBS you definitely want the i5 4460 because it can utilize Quick Sync which really helps with streaming AND recording

and for a mobo get http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-h97mpro4