what mobo?

what mobo would be better for gaming and some video editing? the asus x99 deluxe or the gigabyte x99 soc champion? i will be using this with a 5820k or a broadwell-e 6 core.

asus

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

doesnt matter but i'd go asus.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Personally I wouldnt get either but in this case I would go with the GB board because of the 3 year vs the 1 year warranty

1 year is only for GPUs

get the cheaper one

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Personally I wouldnt get either but in this case I would go with the GB board because of the 3 year vs the 1 year warranty

what mobo would you get then?

what mobo would you get then?

Something from companies that give a shit about their customers like MSI and EVGA

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Something from companies that give a shit about their customers like MSI and EVGA

a few people said on this fourms that they had good experience with asus

1 year is only for GPUs

get the cheaper one

3 year warranty on the asus motherboard

my RMA with asus went very smoothly, no issues

maybe dont generalize so much?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 year warranty on the asus motherboard

my RMA with asus went very smoothly, no issues

maybe dont generalize so much?

I can only talk about my experience and that of people I know.

Gigabyte

MSI

EVGA

ASPOO have never played ball with me.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

I can only talk about my experience and that of people I know.

explain your experience?

Spoiler

explain your experience?

They make you pay to send the item in then take weeks to respond and say there is nothing wrong or its your fault same with GB

well you arent even using an asus motherboard, sooo yeah, your point is irrelevant

Spoiler

well you arent even using an asus motherboard, sooo yeah, your point is irrelevant

So that means i have never used them in the past? fucking hell defend your purchases more mate.

They make you pay to send the item in then take weeks to respond and say there is nothing wrong or its your fault

are you kidding?

YOU need to pay for the shipping to them, just like 99% of companies, and they pay for shipping back

this is standard, do you expect to have everything paid for you? lol

that makes it extremely easy to steal money from them "yeah just send me the money ill ship it right away" suuuuuure

And taking a few weeks for an RMA is normal

You need to wait for the package to get to them, gets sorted, put on the waitlist, get looked at, and then testsed

There are tons of products being RMAd every day to all companies

You should be expecting a wait of a few weeks to a month or two

And about them saying nothing was wrong, what was the problem?

Was it easily reproducible? What product did you RMA?

So far it seems like all your reasons are "I didnt get fully paid first class service with all expenses covered and a cherry on top"

Have you considered that maybe the fact that asus is a massive corporation means they cant treat all their customers like kings, like EVGA does?

Spoiler

So that means i have never used them in the past? fucking hell defend your purchases more mate.

it means you havent used the X99 deluxe in the past, am i right?

Spoiler

it means you havent used the X99 deluxe in the past, am i right?

No you would be fully correct, but 1 P67 & 2 AM3 boards are enough stacking odds for me not to buy them again, as i said they never worked as they should.

They make you pay to send the item in then take weeks to respond and say there is nothing wrong or its your fault same with GB

corsair makes you pay to rend items back so not just asus

are you kidding?

YOU need to pay for the shipping to them, just like 99% of companies, and they pay for shipping back

this is standard, do you expect to have everything paid for you? lol

that makes it extremely easy to steal money from them "yeah just send me the money ill ship it right away" suuuuuure

And taking a few weeks for an RMA is normal

You need to wait for the package to get to them, gets sorted, put on the waitlist, get looked at, and then testsed

There are tons of products being RMAd every day to all companies

You should be expecting a wait of a few weeks to a month or two

And about them saying nothing was wrong, what was the problem?

Was it easily reproducible? What product did you RMA?

So far it seems like all your reasons are "I didnt get fully paid first class service with all expenses covered and a cherry on top"

Have you considered that maybe the fact that asus is a massive corporation means they cant treat all their customers like kings, like EVGA does?

EVGA and Kingston covered shipping when I RMAd with them they send you shipping labels that have their address on it.

Both the above companies finished the process within 48 hours.

faulty audio on one and bad memory controller on another

yes

two motherboards cant remember models

corsair makes you pay to rend items back so not just asus

I know but its still a negative its not the main factor when deciding.

No you would be fully correct, but 1 P67 & 2 AM3 boards are enough stacking odds for me not to buy them again, as i said they never worked as they should.

so youre talking about 5 year old hardware

i can understand why you may have had a bad experience, but that doesnt mean that all the completely new technology they are building now is also going to be bad like one or two experiences that you had half a decade ago

Spoiler

EVGA and Kingston covered shipping when I RMAd with them they send you shipping labels that have their address on it.

Both the above companies finished the process within 48 hours.

faulty audio on one and bad memory controller on another

yes

two motherboards cant remember models

EVGA dominates the market for customer support and are truly awesome for actual products too.

I know but its still a negative its not the main factor when deciding.

youre basically assuming that you will need to send a motherboard back at some point...

i hope you realize that less than 1% of boards actually have a problem and need to be RMAd

and no, waiting a few weeks and paying for shipping is not a negative, it is neutral, because that is how the world works

sure paid shipping is a plus, but because there is an extremely slim chance you will need to send the motherboard back, and need to pay 50 bucks for shipping, that's not a huge deal

I would rather have a good quality asus motherboard that works than have a shitty other-brand motherboard with free shipping both ways

not shipping at all is better than free shipping

Spoiler

youre basically assuming that you will need to send a motherboard back at some point...

i hope you realize that less than 1% of boards actually have a problem and need to be RMAd

and no, waiting a few weeks and paying for shipping is not a negative, it is neutral, because that is how the world works

sure paid shipping is a plus, but because there is an extremely slim chance you will need to send the motherboard back, and need to pay 50 bucks for shipping, that's not a huge deal

I would rather have a good quality asus motherboard that works than have a shitty other-brand motherboard with free shipping both ways

not shipping at all is better than free shipping

Yes

I have had horrible luck with stuff dying

Some motherboards are $50 and they still expect you to pay $50

Your choice not mine

I like peace of mind