RED VS BLUE

Go to solution Solved by Gandras,

First let's point out that, I own blues, because I only type on my keyboard (I have keypad just for gaming). :P

And for you...

Just some pros & cons of blue/red switches:

Blues:

+ Tactile, sounds AMAZING (My opinion I love the noise it makes :D )

+ Has average actuation point (still suitable for gaming)

+ Average force requirement  to activate (It's not to heavy to get tired by just typing :D )

- LOUD, if you living not alone or have a roommate, you will really bother them. Especially at night. You can just give up by trying to make them quiet. They are just crazy load.

Reds:

+ Not as tactile as reds, but still can feel that they are mechanical switches  ;)  (quiet click)

+ HIGHER actuation point! That's main advantage. You can really feel that compared to blues. That will definitely help for gaming, as you can just mash same button 100x times :D

+ Force to activate is very low. It's kinda relaxing to type on them :lol:

- Can't get any... :huh:

All in all, My friends that got Red switches keyboards are really happy about them, and after trying red switches I would definitely go for them too, IF I didn't game on keypad :D

TL;DR typing - blues, gaming - reds

P. S. Sorry for some English mistakes, it's morning  :D  and English isn't my birth languages ^_^

So I've tried blue's before, love them for typing, love the tactile response and the loud click, haven't tried them gaming though, as I only tested them at a friend.

So I was wondering

which do you prefer for gaming, blue or reds?

This board will be full of personal opinions thankfully

Sometimes, I dream about cheese

So I've tried blue's before, love them for typing, love the tactile response and the loud click, haven't tried them gaming though, as I only tested them at a friend.

So I was wondering

which do you prefer for gaming, blue or reds?

This board will be full of personal opinions thankfully

I prefer reds. They give some sound which is nice and the tactile feel is a lot better (at least for me).

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

I came to this thread expecting some AMD vs Intel rubbish! Personally I don't have a mechanical keyboard, so idk...

My Build: Night Fury | i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz | R9 390 | 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB Seagate | H230 Black

Night Theme User

Hello Fellow Night Theme User | Why Aren't You Using Night Theme?

I came to this thread expecting some AMD vs Intel rubbish! Personally I don't have a mechanical keyboard, so idk...

lol i tought WD Blues vs Reds :D

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

People like reds for gaming. People also like blues for gaming. It's all subjective really.

I currently have browns. I like them I suppose. They're a good starting point for mechanical switches in my opinion, especially if you don't really know what you want, since they're the midpoint of sorts between reds and blues. With that being said I'll probably be finding Cherry MX Blacks or Clears my next mechanical keyboard.

I prefer reds. They give some sound which is nice and the tactile feel is a lot better (at least for me).

The reds are supposed to have no tactility though. Or do you mean their lack of the tactile bump feels better?

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

lol i tought WD Blues vs Reds :D

GG

I was thinking the web series from Rooster Teeth...

Reference ;)

I thought it would be Red vs Blue the internet series...

I think I would prefer blues over reds, mainly for the feedback they give (and ofcourse the hefty sound of them). On my keyboard I use browns, so it's a step in that direction already :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Personally, I prefere Green or Clear switches. But since it's almost impossible to find a keyboard with those switches, I have settled for Blue switches. 

I have tried Red switches and I didn't really care for them. The lack of a tactile bump really is a deal breaker for me.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I thought it would be Red vs Blue the internet series...

I think I would prefer blues over reds, mainly for the feedback they give (and ofcourse the hefty sound of them). On my keyboard I use browns, so it's a step in that direction already :)

Sounds is very orgasmic.

I have blues and I love em, I haven't tried reds tho.

First let's point out that, I own blues, because I only type on my keyboard (I have keypad just for gaming). :P

And for you...

Blues:

+ Average force requirement  to activate (It's not to heavy to get tired by just typing :D )

- LOUD, if you living not alone or have a roommate, you will really bother them. Especially at night. You can just give up by trying to make them quiet. They are just crazy load.

Reds:

+ Not as tactile as reds, but still can feel that they are mechanical switches  ;)  (quiet click)

+ HIGHER actuation point! That's main advantage. You can really feel that compared to blues. That will definitely help for gaming, as you can just mash same button 100x times :D

All in all, My friends that got Red switches keyboards are really happy about them, and after trying red switches I would definitely go for them too, IF I didn't game on keypad :D

P. S. Sorry for some English mistakes, it's morning  :D  and English isn't my birth languages ^_^

I like browns the best among all the Cherry MX switches.

Though I own reds currently  :(

Need to find a new MX Brown keyboard that has red or RGB lighting that IS NOT CORSAIR OR DUCKY.

PS: Nice Nichijou avatar. Best show ever.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Ive used reds browns and blacks and honestly i prefer blacks over anything because i love stiff key switches but i would choose reds over browns because I'm a fan of the linear switches

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison

And for you...

Blues:

Reds:

I'm just hoping the actuation point won't affect my gaming too much, I love the sound and typing feel of the blues way too much.

Also I've seen a lot of mx red keyboards, I can easily find them

if I were to get the blue switches for gaming would it damage the keys?

if I were to get the blue switches for gaming would it damage the keys?

I have a feeling that'd depend on how hard you press the key.

Also as long as you don't smash your keyboard