File transfer within Documents causes multiple instances of that shortcut to appear in sidebar

thorpj

For some strange reason whenever i do any sort of file action (copy/rename/move etc) within the C:\Users\USER\Documents folder, Windows file explorer creates another documents shortcut in the sidebar. This only happens with Documents (not Desktop, Downloads etc).

YUNN8gi.png

It seems like a small thing, but navigating within file explore (which i use the sidebar a lot for) can be rather difficult when it fills up with documents shortcuts

I didn't find anything in a google search, any ideas?

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Do you have your documents folder mounted to another drive? Does it go away when you refresh the explorer.exe process?

Do you have your documents folder mounted to another drive? Does it go away when you refresh the explorer.exe process?

No it's in the default location. Videos (D:), Pictures (C:) and Downloads (D:) are in non-default places.

If i close the window and then open another one it goes away. Apologies for not mentioning that earlier.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

No it's in the default location. Videos (D:), Pictures (C:) and Downloads (D:) are in non-default places.

If i close the window and then open another one it goes away. Apologies for not mentioning that earlier.

Then yeah, mien does the same Windows 10 is rather finicky about it. Probably because they're trying to put a new coat of paint onto the explorer, whilst also keeping it functional and familiar. 

Then yeah, mien does the same Windows 10 is rather finicky about it. Probably because they're trying to put a new coat of paint onto the explorer, whilst also keeping it functional and familiar. 

Oh okay, so it's not just me then.

MS business as usual...